Can You Hear Me Now? Cellphone Turns 40

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Back in the day, some 40 years ago, a new status symbol was born and made available to the public: the cellphone. If you look at old movies, you will see the very rich using something that resembles a brick with a stick; welcome to the humble, albeit expensive beginnings of the cellphone industry. Today’s smartphones have little resemblance to the phones of yore, and that is a blessing. :cool:

And then in 2007, the iPhone took everyone by surprise. "...an iPod, a phone, and an internet communicator. Are you getting it?" a smug Steve Jobs asked the assembled crowd at Moscone Theater in San Francisco.

Most new phones don't have am/fm antenna, tiny batteries with horrible talk time and to make matters worse most new phones you can't simply take off the rear of the phone and have a extra battery to put in it or if like me put extended battery in them. Make me a new smartphone that is rugged with outstanding battery life great duel antenna reception and am/fm and removeable battery

Most new phones don't have am/fm antenna, tiny batteries with horrible talk time and to make matters worse most new phones you can't simply take off the rear of the phone and have a extra battery to put in it or if like me put extended battery in them. Make me a new smartphone that is rugged with outstanding battery life great duel antenna reception and am/fm and removeable battery
Any phone that costs as much if not more than a mortgage should definitely be ruggedized.

Back