Final 4 Contenders For Worst Company In America 2013

HardOCP News

[H] News
The competition to find the Worst Company In America 2013 is now down to just four finalists. Make sure you vote for your favorites!

After more than two weeks of dismemberment, disembowelment, and all-around good family fun, this year’s Worst Company In America tournament nears its finale, with only four contenders remaining with a chance at claiming the ultimate victory and clutching the Golden Poo.

We all know this is going to come down to EA vs BofA. Even then, I'm fairly sure with the debacle of Sim City fresh in people's minds, EA is going to win it all. Ever since the financial reforms most of what was sincerely creepy about BofA has handcuffed them as of late on what they can do to make people's lives harder.

It's going to be between EA and Bank of America.

You have to think about which of those two companies have wronged their customers more in the past several years. One is blatantly obvious in regards to games like Sim City 2013 and their attitudes towards its own customers. The other is infamous as far back as the recession in 2007, customer service, bank fees, you name it.

So, which of the two is worse?

I hate EA as much as the next guy... but only one of the final 4 companies has stolen trillions from Americans and was a direct contributor to the Sub-Prime mortgage crisis of 07-08.

EA is an innocent school child compared to BoA

It's going to be between EA and Bank of America.

You have to think about which of those two companies have wronged their customers more in the past several years. One is blatantly obvious in regards to games like Sim City 2013 and their attitudes towards its own customers. The other is infamous as far back as the recession in 2007, customer service, bank fees, you name it.

So, which of the two is worse?

No matter what EA does at the end of the day it's still just videogames. Bank of America is leagues above EA in terms of actually being able to make your life miserable with things like their 'accidental foreclosures on properties of people who don't even have mortgages with them'.

I still think Monsanto or Haliburton should be on there, but then I suppose that wouldn't draw as many clicks since many people don't even know what those two companies do if you ask them.

I'm really surprised Carnival got beating my ticketmaster, considering their recent history.

I think it should go to BOA. Ualdayan is right about it being video games which you can ignore. The real misery makers have been BOA.

No matter what EA does at the end of the day it's still just videogames. Bank of America is leagues above EA in terms of actually being able to make your life miserable with things like their 'accidental foreclosures on properties of people who don't even have mortgages with them'.

I still think Monsanto or Haliburton should be on there, but then I suppose that wouldn't draw as many clicks since many people don't even know what those two companies do if you ask them.

Heck, I'd vote for either Monsanto or Haliburton as well. They're basically on my "shit list" or "companies I wish I could destroy without getting arrested for." ;)

For me, BofA, in my opinion, has done more harm to consumers than EA has done in the last ten years, and should be the worse company of them all.

I'll repeat the sentiments of my boss from when I worked as a tax preparer-- these banks as well as the auto companies should have been allowed to fail and not bailed out, wasting taxpayer money. In a free market economy, you succeed or fail, there are no second chances. And, BofA and other banks should have just failed completely and restart themselves from scratch.

How is it that when Americans do these kind of "voting" none of the really horrible evil companies is ever on the list? Every time I se stuff like this, I scan for Monsanto. If they are not on the list of candidates, then the list is monumental fail.

How is it that when Americans do these kind of "voting" none of the really horrible evil companies is ever on the list? Every time I se stuff like this, I scan for Monsanto. If they are not on the list of candidates, then the list is monumental fail.

Monsanto probably funded the project.

You guys have to understand who is voting for stuff like this (i.e. internet nerds like us who hate EA).

You should definitely be reading up about Monsanto. Devil Corporation in everything but name.

Agreed. Everyone should read about Monsanto. Here's a hint: Some of their products are banned in Europe, and with very good reason. Most people in the USA are ignorant about it.

As for the bracket, I'd have to say BoA is way more evil than EA.

Wait what is Monsanto and what have they done?

It would be quicker to Google what Haven't they done.

I wish I could get a hold of some agent orange right about now it would help out with work.

i ALMOST got it right
i missed 2 out of final 4 lol

and yea EA vs BoA with EA "winning"

Monsanto isnt any worse then ADM, Cargill, and ConAgra imo

BoA vs Comcast I think Comcast is much worse, at least with BoA you can take your business somewhere else?

I don't remember EA being part of a corrupt greedy banking industry that plunged the world into an economic recession.

I kind of giggle at all of the mentions of Monsanto in this thread. How dare companies develop more productive crops for feeding our increasingly overpopulated world? We should all be growing perfectly "natural" corn like the Native Americans did, with a yield about 1/1000th of what we grow today. I mean, so what if people starve, right? It's just a big boogeyman set up by neo-hippies and their first-world guilt, fooling soccer moms who don't know any better into buying all of this "green" "organic" crap.

I don't remember EA being part of a corrupt greedy banking industry that plunged the world into an economic recession.

I kind of giggle at all of the mentions of Monsanto in this thread. How dare companies develop more productive crops for feeding our increasingly overpopulated world? We should all be growing perfectly "natural" corn like the Native Americans did, with a yield about 1/1000th of what we grow today. I mean, so what if people starve, right? It's just a big boogeyman set up by neo-hippies and their first-world guilt, fooling soccer moms who don't know any better into buying all of this "green" "organic" crap.

Pretty salliemay had a big (biggest?) play in that too, but they got beat a while ago.

Wait what is Monsanto and what have they done?

I looked it up because I didnt know either - heres a couple little excepts from one of the first sections on their wikipedia page that discusses issues/etc -

"As of 2012, Monsanto is associated with 11 "active" Superfund sites and 20 "archived" sites in the US, in the EPA's Superfund database"

"during 1969 alone Monsanto had dumped 45 tons of PCBs into Snow Creek, a feeder for Choccolocco Creek which supplies much of the area's drinking water and that the company buried millions of pounds of PCB in open-pit landfills located on hillsides above the plant and surrounding neighborhoods"

They have an atrocious history of environmental abuse, and I've just started looking at the information on them. I cant wait to see what else they have done wrong.

I looked it up because I didnt know either - heres a couple little excepts from one of the first sections on their wikipedia page that discusses issues/etc -

"As of 2012, Monsanto is associated with 11 "active" Superfund sites and 20 "archived" sites in the US, in the EPA's Superfund database"

"during 1969 alone Monsanto had dumped 45 tons of PCBs into Snow Creek, a feeder for Choccolocco Creek which supplies much of the area's drinking water and that the company buried millions of pounds of PCB in open-pit landfills located on hillsides above the plant and surrounding neighborhoods"

They have an atrocious history of environmental abuse, and I've just started looking at the information on them. I cant wait to see what else they have done wrong.

They also engineer a lot of our crops. Not a good company at all, but hey they line the politicians pockets, so they must not be so bad. :rolleyes:

Back