Facebook Home: Bold Experiment or Extreme Bloatware?

HardOCP News

[H] News
I can't see this being popular with anyone other than the most die hard Facebook fans. What do you think?

Hardcore Facebook devotees may find Home to be the smartphone experience they've been looking for. For everyone else, Facebook's new Android skin may be little better than bloatware (although, to be fair, it's not forced on people). In particular, Android purists will want to stay clear.

Wouldn't a better widget suffice? I just looked at the ones currently included in the Android Facebook app and they're utter crap (one is just buttons and the other displays only a single status update with no sizing options). My Plume (Twitter client) widget, on the other hand, is resizable to show as many or as few tweets as I want and has good options to change the view; I don't even have to open the client app itself at all.

I have a tough time imagining anyone I know wanting to reskin their OS to turn it into a huge Facebook client.

450 off contract, possibly locked down with no option to remove facebook home, the htc first had the option to be a stellar mid range phone but I dont think so anymore.

It's definitely interesting. I just don't think people will want facebook taking over their phone. But then again I could be completely wrong. I also think battery life is going to suck big time with this.

Maybe I'm different than everybody else, but I use a lot of apps on my phone, facebook is just 1. Sure I might check my feed regularly, but I also check my email, stock prices, etc regularly. I want my phone to be app centric because I use it for a bunch of different things, not facebook centric.

Battery life should be stellar with the 2000ma battery. It has a much smaller size screen, lower rez and a lower end soc then the htc one. I imagine it will actually do much better then the one in uptime.

He said "people are spending a fifth of their time in phones on Facebook"....
LOSERS!!!

450 off contract, possibly locked down with no option to remove facebook home, the htc first had the option to be a stellar mid range phone but I dont think so anymore.

I've had 2 HTC phones, and I think my next phone will be from someone else.

Depends on how its implemented, but considering cell phone manufacturer history...bloat.

Back