Studios Ask Google to Take Down Their Own Takedown Request

HardOCP News

[H] News
So you are telling me that movies studios are now complaining about DMCA takedown requests because...wait for it....wait for it...the requests are also infringements? :confused:

In a comical display of meta-censorship several copyright holders including 20th Century Fox and NBC Universal have sent Google takedown requests asking the search engine to take down links to takedown request they themselves sent. Google refused to comply with the movie studios requests and the “infringing” DMCA notices remain online. Meanwhile, the number of takedown notices received by Google is nearing 20 million per month.

ouroboros-1-1.jpg

Infinity and beyond. Its funny, I saw a list of url's they took down which can be used to find stuff to download. This is so awesome, glad this crap is blowing up in their faces.

the awesome thing about Google's take downs is very often there's a link in them that shows the takedown notice so you can actually see (and then go to) the sites that were infringing :D

We need to come up with a new Internet and make it an invite only network.

Can't we really just call this for what it is?

Let's assume for a moment that everyone involved here isn't stupid (that's a stretch I know, bear with me).

The Studio executives who have a very poor understanding of the intertubes believe that this new fangled "internet piracy" is the reason their business is going to shit. It's really going to shit due to greed, and the invention of the computerized spreadsheet but that's a story for another day.

Anyway.

The Studios aren't doing this on their own - they are paying these "computer science" firms to do research for them, send DMCA notices, etc. Anyone else see the irony in this? Their sales are going down - they think it's because of "piracy" - and they are paying these schiesters to send 20,000,000 takedown notices per month. In a twist of brilliance, the people being paid to send out the notices realize that they can send notices of infringement on the notices of infringement.

It's like the old game of Snake on Nokia phones where you chase your tail, and they are actually making money on it because the entertainment executives are too stupid to figure it out.

Captalism at its finest I say.

Wasn't VHS/Beta supposed to kill Hollywood? How'd that work out?

It's really going to shit due to greed, and the invention of the computerized spreadsheet but that's a story for another day.

When is that day? It sounds interesting. Do you have links to pages or sites for that theory?

I was fascinated by Liar's Poker and the "boring" 1970s financial sector becoming "innovative" or modernized, and the small thrifts diving in with the sharks.

Ahh shit after watching that GIF 20 times I noticed the chick in the background is jamming away on a keyboard.

Thread derailed.....

Back