Facebook Android Home Event Live Blog

so at what point will they just stop pretending that users matter and demand implantation, so ALL user info can be updated all the time, forever.

This is me giving fucks rated in negative numbers of a thousand digits or more.

*yawn* A launcher that is currently going to be ridiculously limited for device compatibility that replaces a few Facebook apps or a phone with it built in for $99.

"OMG I must have that phone" - Someone never

Kills me how people blew up recently over CyanogenMod's decision to make the statistics mandatory (data sent can't personally identify you one damn bit) to help the CM team make CM better, yet this app which destroys your privacy will get a few million downloads in a matter of hours.

That's because the fringe that uses CM isn't the mass market that dotes on Facebook.

As for limited device compatibility, don't expect that to last, right now it's limited to premium phones for purely marketing reasons, but if they got that shit to work on Sense, Touchwiz and Timescape, you can bet it'll run pretty well on just about any other ICS/JB model.

Doubt they'll bother with making it work with Gingerbread or older though, but that's where the cheap $99 (and likely soon to be free on contract) HTC First comes into play, as an easy replacement for those older pre-4.x devices.

All that said, I closed my FB and Twitter accounts about two years ago, so the above is not a fanboy raving.

For those of you with a Windows Phone you already have this. It's called the People Hub...

frienemies is what they call it

every1 knows fb's real BFF is microsoft

Facebook ads on my cellphone?!! Where do I sign up!

Seriously Suckerburg needs to disappear. I miss the days of myspace where the only annoying things were just the other users.

That's because the fringe that uses CM isn't the mass market that dotes on Facebook.

As for limited device compatibility, don't expect that to last, right now it's limited to premium phones for purely marketing reasons, but if they got that shit to work on Sense, Touchwiz and Timescape, you can bet it'll run pretty well on just about any other ICS/JB model.

Doubt they'll bother with making it work with Gingerbread or older though, but that's where the cheap $99 (and likely soon to be free on contract) HTC First comes into play, as an easy replacement for those older pre-4.x devices.

All that said, I closed my FB and Twitter accounts about two years ago, so the above is not a fanboy raving.

4 million unique installs of CM isn't exactly a "fringe". It's more the tin foil hat wearing types who need to get off the Internet and out of their mom's basement that caused the chaos that made the opt-out come back.

As for the FB Home launcher it's already been officially announced that only ICS/JB devices will get it and support for devices will be added over time.

4 million unique installs of CM isn't exactly a "fringe". It's more the tin foil hat wearing types who need to get off the Internet and out of their mom's basement that caused the chaos that made the opt-out come back.

As for the FB Home launcher it's already been officially announced that only ICS/JB devices will get it and support for devices will be added over time.

Even at four million, it's is a fringe compared to the billion or so Facebook users, nearly 200 million of already use Android devices. And yeah, the fringe of the fringe are the ones freaking out.

Back