Fractal Design R4 89.99 + Free Shipping @ Newegg with Promo Code

Nice. But the NCIX deal for around $60 was even better. Unfortunately, I'm not in the position to buy right now.

I presume that the door only swings open to the left, ie. not reversible?

Bought this for around the same price after shipping to US from NCIX. Freaking awsome case, highly recommend. Only thing I wish it had was another fan control switch for 3 more fans

I presume that the door only swings open to the left, ie. not reversible?

Its swings from left to right. I really hate doors but, I ask myself, how often do I actually use my rom drive? Maybe once a month.

The door doesn't have latches, instead it uses magnets.

Its swings from left to right. I really hate doors but, I ask myself, how often do I actually use my rom drive? Maybe once a month.

The door doesn't have latches, instead it uses magnets.

Pictures on their site show it opening to the left side. As for me, I do a lot of um, archival backups :p so a door would probably just get in my way. :(

I got it during the NCIX sale. It's a really nice case. Quiet too(stock fans but planning on adding a couple more).

The door is on the left side which can be inconvenient if you want to make the window visible but I don't use the drive that much (or at all since I installed the OS). This problem was much more annoying with my P180 that had the power switch behind the door.

this reminded me to set a price alert on the Mini. It went on sale once for $80 and I may pick it up at that price

Thanks, was waiting for this to go down in price again. I saw Amazon drop in price yesterday so figured Newegg would be a matter of time.

Thanks as well. I too have been waiting. Bought it for the GF when it was on sale a ways back, been jealous ever since.

Thanks as well. I too have been waiting. Bought it for the GF when it was on sale a ways back, been jealous ever since.

Yeah, I am feeling the urge to buy another one to upgrade my wife's computer, but I am trying to restrain myself by reminding myself that it is totally unnecessary. :)

Yeah, I am feeling the urge to buy another one to upgrade my wife's computer, but I am trying to restrain myself by reminding myself that it is totally unnecessary. :)

What does she have now? I'm trying to get my tower a bit more quiet and I think the Fractal R4 beats out the Corsair 500R enough to justify the purchase.

I've got all Lian Li cases at the moment, hers is the older model of the one in my sig. She's using my old Q6600 rig, but I'll probably upgrade the case to a Define when I update her mobo/cpu/ram down the road. Her fans are starting to get a bit loud but it's probably not worth me fixing them alone.

Picked this up last week at NCIX for $80 for use as a NAS system.

Very nice case, definitely not 'silent', but it is very quiet, I'm gonna throw it in the closet anyway.

It's actually very easy to work inside, easier than my 500R. They put extra space behind the hard drives to accommodate the sata power wires that usually stick out.

Back