Cooler Master HAF XB Chassis

HardOCP News

[H] News
Looking for a new case? The crew at eTeknix has published a review of the Cooler Master HAF XB that is worth checking out.

Cooler Master have had a lot of success with their HAF range of chassis, their highly practical and durable design has proven popular with system builders, gamers and general PC enthusiasts. Anyone serious about performance wants a chassis that can handle powerful, modern components in a safe and reliable format, and that's something that the HAF range has always delivered.

I own the HAF XB, and personally I love it. I replaced the two front stock fans with Noctua NF-S12B case fans, and added one of the same to the rear 120 exhaust. I used to have a CM Storm Trooper, so going down in size was different, but the noise difference is amazing... it's nearly silent with the Noctua fans, and I am running about 5-10 C cooler than in the Storm Trooper.

Keep in mind, your cable management has to be near perfect to fit everything into the lower compartment.

I also just bought the HAF XB this weekend as a birthday gift to myself. So far it has been an amazing case. At first I just wanted it because it "looks different" and was looking for something other than a tower.

But I'm loving how with the same hardware and fans it's now whisper quiet, temps are slightly lower, friends who have come over like the thing, and it's also less of a hassle to move.

Setting it up requires some planning, as you have to figure out where the cables are going to come through, but other than that it was a joy to build. Highly recommended!

Back