Worst Company In America: Apple vs. AT&T

damn, that's like asking which is better, having your balls burned off or dating Sarah Palin.

The official response from Apple when asked about their close second place finish: "Haters gonna hate"

Seriously as an Apple developer, there is a lot to hate about Apple. Some of it is just stupidity, some of it is inexperience. For instance they have a lot to learn about how to deal with App submission and review. However, I will have to give the nod to AT&T for sheer hatred of their customer base.

I'd vote for AT&T since I've been with them since the 56k dial-up days. Nowadays it's the customer service and 250GB Uverse data cap that bug me. That and the inconsistent speeds I get.

Then again, as I post this, something happened with my 18Mbps Max Plus Uverse internet speeds as I made this post:
2013-03-29_20-07-09.png

I should not be getting those speeds under that plan. :eek:

Did AT&T know I was going to vote them as the worse company and gave me this as a consolation prize? :D

I'm not a fan of Apple, but I'm surprised how close this was. I seriously would expect AT&T to lead by a larger margin. Seriously, they're crap. Their CS, support, internal business, how they do projects internally, what they charge of the level of quality, and networks wired and wireless are all crap. Your flunkie tech shouldn't have access to the CO and definitely should know not to change a damn WIC card in a fiber switch while it's on during the middle of the day. It should not be possible for some knucklehead to delete the VLAN for the whole metro area. Expensive point to point Metro-E should have some level of redundancy to mitigate the impact of some yahoo with a backhoe busting through some fiber.

So glad I don't have to deal with them anymore. My employer has both Level3 and TW coming in.on their own cable.

Oh apple has been the worst of everything since like 1989

I like Apples mobile offerings. I HATE at&t's options when it comes to pricing and data usage. My contract for my 4s is up in October and I won't be going back.

I'm not a fan of Apple, but I'm surprised how close this was. I seriously would expect AT&T to lead by a larger margin. Seriously, they're crap. Their CS, support, internal business, how they do projects internally, what they charge of the level of quality, and networks wired and wireless are all crap. Your flunkie tech shouldn't have access to the CO and definitely should know not to change a damn WIC card in a fiber switch while it's on during the middle of the day. It should not be possible for some knucklehead to delete the VLAN for the whole metro area. Expensive point to point Metro-E should have some level of redundancy to mitigate the impact of some yahoo with a backhoe busting through some fiber.

So glad I don't have to deal with them anymore. My employer has both Level3 and TW coming in.on their own cable.

Yep. Surprises me too. I'm no fan of apple, but AT&T is by far the worst company I've ever had to deal with. Needless to say I kicked all of their services to the curb years ago and haven't looked back.

The official response from Apple when asked about their close second place finish: "Haters gonna hate"

Seriously as an Apple developer, there is a lot to hate about Apple. Some of it is just stupidity, some of it is inexperience. For instance they have a lot to learn about how to deal with App submission and review. However, I will have to give the nod to AT&T for sheer hatred of their customer base.

I will agree that most, not all the hatred is soley out of stupidity. I will admit that I was a hater till I got a Macbook Pro and actually tried using their software and Hardware. My main reason for bitching before was soley because.....they are expensive...sometimes overpriced. Apple's customer service is great, if and when you PAY again for such plans that take care of your investments.

I like Apples mobile offerings. I HATE at&t's options when it comes to pricing and data usage. My contract for my 4s is up in October and I won't be going back.

I couldn't agree with you more that AT&T is by far one of the worst companies to come to be. I've had the chance to be a member of every major carrier (ATT, TMobile, Verizon and Sprint). I have to say while ATT does have damn good coverage(I've been 9nm off the coast of California with good signal still) compared to the other "Major" carriers, they castrate themselves with their horrid Data plans, Terrible! customer service and restrictions of Data like no other. I can see when they slow my connection down. AT&T should seriously reevaluate themselves as a company cause unfortunately they are drowning in money right now and I think that has lead them to forget the important area's of a business to not only keep a customer but also to survive(eventually with time it will catch up to them).

AT&T can go to hell. I've been with all carriers and will say that ATT signal is pretty good(not always) compared to others. Its their Data plans and Customer service though that really grind my gears. Apple is alright but the only thing that I've had against them is there damn pricing for EVERYTHING. I guess you have to "Pay to Play". If you pay them for every service than life is good. If you opt out then I can see why people bitch about Apple.

I'd vote for AT&T since I've been with them since the 56k dial-up days. Nowadays it's the customer service and 250GB Uverse data cap that bug me. That and the inconsistent speeds I get.

Then again, as I post this, something happened with my 18Mbps Max Plus Uverse internet speeds as I made this post:
2013-03-29_20-07-09.png

I should not be getting those speeds under that plan. :eek:

Did AT&T know I was going to vote them as the worse company and gave me this as a consolation prize? :D
Im sorry but your internet speed not being exactly what they offer is a terrible reason to vote them worst company. Here's a tip: Drop down to the 12mbps since it seems to be the max you can get.

As much as I'd like Apple to win, ATT is a worse company by far. Still surprisingly close. Looks like Apple's popularity is sinking like it's stock price.

I vote for AT & T One of the crookedest companies ever!
Spams padded bills,and whoever pays,pays;RATs in their software;What's not to like? :p

One of these companies pretty consistently ranks highest in customer satisfaction among their competitors. One of them doesn't.

Here's a tip: Drop down to the 12mbps since it seems to be the max you can get.
He's downloading at ~37 megabytes per second here.

I hate Apple more than anyone.

But calling them the worst company in America?

Good fuck I can think of 100's of more companies willing and able
to step into that category way before Apple would.

I say that with the utmost, deep rooted, never will give in hatred for them.
I still don't consider them a bad company, I just consider them taking
advantage of the sheeple. But a lot of companies do that, and are scumbags
1000x over on top of that.

The reason people hate on Apple now is cause Jobs is dead. The god is gone
the spirtual orgy with Jobs is over, and Tim Cook is running things. He isn't a diety
so the masses are angry.

Frankly I like Tim Cook, way way more than I did Jobs.

Back