The "Oh Hell NO!" Video of the Day

"Bmad"

Yes, Youtube, I imagine a lot of people are going to 'be mad' over that video. I would be surprised if this isn't already happening. And, I think everyone has at least one embarassing email address from over a decade ago that they thought was 'awesome' at the time.

If a homeless person has an iPhone 4 then they are doing better than I am.

Have you ever asked a bum for money?

Funny yet sad truth to this is that way back in the 1999, San Francisco mayor, Willie Brown, had a plan to give panhandlers credit card readers. The idea wasn't as bold as this but basically gave an 80:20 split of the revenues to homeless shelters and the person who got someone to swipe the card... thankfully that shit died.

However now, homeless people have cell phones (I don't even have a fucking cell phone!) and wouldn't surprise me if people to go this direction.

Lucky for me I just tell them I don't give away money so I won't get caught in this situation when its inevitable time comes.

Clever video like theirs often are.

"The sad part is, when this comes to pass, we will only have technology to blame."

No, just our government for providing the stupidest handout ever.

I'm not so worried about a homeless person with an iPhone and Square as I am those dang girl scouts hanging outside the grocery store. I've managed to avoid buying cookies with the "no cash" excuse. Surprised one hasn't armed herself with a Square yet.

I don't believe I'll be handing bums my credit card anytime soon. Though if all bums were this friendly...

They had a sequence like this in the Mighty Boosh, crack fox episode I think

Why do people feel the need to be overly polite and apologetic for not giving away THEIR money that THEY earned just because some complete and total stranger asks for it? I have never understood this.

Don't say "I don't have any change", say "Get a Job" or "Get a Job and stop voting for Obama" or if you're not in a hurry "Get a Job and stop voting for Obama you useless entitled leach on society, and next time try offering a service in exchange for money the way that everyone else in society does".

Funny yet sad truth to this is that way back in the 1999, San Francisco mayor, Willie Brown, had a plan to give panhandlers credit card readers. The idea wasn't as bold as this but basically gave an 80:20 split of the revenues to homeless shelters and the person who got someone to swipe the card... thankfully that shit died.

However now, homeless people have cell phones (I don't even have a fucking cell phone!) and wouldn't surprise me if people to go this direction.

Paying by cell phone is gaining popularity in many places in the world, so it wouldn't surprise me if that starts happening here in the very near future.

Best thing to do is to give them a card for soup kitchens or places that are hiring, but never give out money.

If they have a problem with that then they can go to hell.

Why do people feel the need to be overly polite and apologetic for not giving away THEIR money that THEY earned just because some complete and total stranger asks for it? I have never understood this.

Don't say "I don't have any change", say "Get a Job" or "Get a Job and stop voting for Obama" or if you're not in a hurry "Get a Job and stop voting for Obama you useless entitled leach on society, and next time try offering a service in exchange for money the way that everyone else in society does".

Bums now have credit card readers,,,,Thanks Obama

true story, brah. lol

There has been a huge increase of bums in my area over the last few years. Like you would almost never see any before!!

These bums got the nerve to hide bikes in the grass and listen to ipods and such under a jacket.

I did hear about a bum with a sign saying they he would punch your mother for money!! OUCH.

hahahahahahahahah can totally relate to the email address thing

Here's what you say to bums....REGARDLESS what they ask for: "Damn man, I was just going to ask you...."

Got a quarter?

"Damn man, I was just going to ask you...."

Got a cigarette?

Money for the bus?

:D

I know, I'm a dick. If I'm feeling generous, I might interrupt whatever their sob story is and say "I'll give you $3 if you don't finish telling me your story"

Here's what you say to bums....REGARDLESS what they ask for: "Damn man, I was just going to ask you...."

Got a quarter?

Got a cigarette?

Money for the bus?

:D

I know, I'm a dick. If I'm feeling generous, I might interrupt whatever their sob story is and say "I'll give you $3 if you don't finish telling me your story"

im too nice to interrupt them, but not nice enough to give them anything.

feels like a lose, lose if there ever was one

LOL, I had a bum in san diego ask me for spare change...

"Sorry, I only have plastic on me"
"Ok then, can you just buy me a pack of smokes?" points to liquor store across the street with a sign up saying $5 a pack
"No"
Bum proceeds to start cussing up a storm as if I somehow wronged them... ffs.

A long time ago I was a supervisor at a fast food place and we were shorthanded. I was out front smoking a cigarette on my break, bum walks up and asks for some change. I tell him to hold on a second, put my smoke down and went inside. Came back out a moment later and he was still waiting there, handed him a job application. He took a second to look at it, once he figured out what it was, ran off and never saw him again.

I've had bums ask me for money at the gas station for gas.. I tell them no. I did however give a bum a half gallon once since he walked over from his car with a gas can in hand, at least he wasn't going to use it to buy beer(and he wasn't a particularly "bummy" bum, so much as he looked like a guy who had fallen into hard times recently).

I just tell them that I'll buy them some food. One chick took me up on it and that was kinda cool. I didn't mind. :)

Not everyone who has money earned it. I certainly didn't.

you know... that was a well damn video.

And, I can see it going down like that too. The giver apologizing all the way through.

One day, you will need a handout. I hope anyone that listens is more compassionate than you.

You can tell things are going downhill when beggars start accepting actual food. Five years ago no one would take food, they all insisted on cash when you offer to buy them something to eat.

One day, you will need a handout. I hope anyone that listens is more compassionate than you.
Uhm, yeah, no.

How much did you give to charity last year? I bet it was less than I did. There is a big difference between helping someone out that was struck by natural disaster or needs a temporary helping hand, and guess what, out of every single paycheck I make a portion goes out towards social safety nets and care for the elderly.

But feel free to explain to me what that has to do with your average mooching career bum trying to make himself appear as pitiful as possible, while taking advantage of every handout your taxes already pay for, and using your "food" money to buy alcohol, drugs, and now and then a BJ from one of the fatter hookers in the area. Or is it safe to assume that you are one of those bleeding heart liberals that thinks that bums are good hard working people who have a history of taking responsibility for their actions and trying their best to support themselves and become contributing members of society but got a C- in 4th grade and just never managed to recover somehow.... Pffftt.... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjevw2zm86s

Uhm, yeah, no.

How much did you give to charity last year? I bet it was less than I did. There is a big difference between helping someone out that was struck by natural disaster or needs a temporary helping hand, and guess what, out of every single paycheck I make a portion goes out towards social safety nets and care for the elderly.

But feel free to explain to me what that has to do with your average mooching career bum trying to make himself appear as pitiful as possible, while taking advantage of every handout your taxes already pay for, and using your "food" money to buy alcohol, drugs, and now and then a BJ from one of the fatter hookers in the area. Or is it safe to assume that you are one of those bleeding heart liberals that thinks that bums are good hard working people who have a history of taking responsibility for their actions and trying their best to support themselves and become contributing members of society but got a C- in 4th grade and just never managed to recover somehow.... Pffftt.... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjevw2zm86s

Social Security and Medicare taxes aren't "giving to charity".

As for the rest, I'll just let your post speak for itself. Again, I hope when you are in desperate need, people look upon you with more compassion than you do them.

I will never give a homeless person a dime. I work at a facility where many homeless individuals frequent and can say first hand that they squander every penny they get their hands on. Most of them are on government assistance and have all their belongings in a storage unit and think it's perfectly acceptable to not shower, sleep on a wood floor, spend every dollar they get on booze / cigarettes / drugs instead of trying to get job / clothes / shelter and work. for it. I only deal with these people because I have to. I have offered food to them only to have them (some literally) spit in my face and get very hostile towards me and I end up calling the police on them, giving them exactly what they want - a free meal and a place inside to sleep for a night or 2. It's depressing really. I can recall exactly one time I have offered a homeless man a meal and he actually took me up on it so I ran through the drive thru at taco bell and bought him (quite literally) the left side of the menu. The look on his face was priceless. He literally asked me, "How am I gonna eat all this shit? Thanks man!". I sat with him for a good hour or 2 just BSing about nothing. How he got where he was (classic vet story).

By and large, homeless people are homeless because of their own doing and remain homeless because they lack the initiative to get off the drugs / booze and hold down a job and make better for themselves. The rest are just plain fucking crazy and belong locked up in a mental hospital.

Fuck the homeless. Where's MY spare change?

I will never give a homeless person a dime.

Most of them are on government assistance
No they aren't. After the passage of PRWORA government assistance is contingent upon actively working and is limited to two years consecutive assistance (with a five year lifetime cap).

What they might have is disability based off one of the last lines in your post--that a substantial amount of our US homeless population are people suffering from mental health issues and the lack of care given to that population after the whole-scale dismantling of our mental health infrastructure a few decades ago.

Social Security and Medicare taxes aren't "giving to charity".

As for the rest, I'll just let your post speak for itself. Again, I hope when you are in desperate need, people look upon you with more compassion than you do them.
No, SS and medicare and the like aren't giving to charity. I pay those (I'd be in jail if I did not), and I give to three REPUTABLE charities every year where I know the vast majority of my money is being spent wisely. Earth quake, tsunami, hurricane, and blizzard responses and the like are expensive and necessary... but hey, glad you feel that a bum on the street is going to use your money wisely, and not just use that money to pay for cigs and alcohol that all the other charity he is already collecting from your taxes isn't allowed to be put toward.

And again with the reading comprehension issues, if I am in desperate need, I will fall upon the security nets that I PAY IN TO on every single paycheck I receive. Heck yeah I expect to reap the security benefits for the health, extended-unemployment, car, life, homeowners insurance, 401K, stocks, savings, SS, etc that I contribute to. That is the entire point of societies having a security net.

There are clueless and/or selfish entitled people though that believe "security nets" make for really comfortable hammocks, and live on welfare and waste money. There are many people with no ambition whatsoever, and as long as they have food and somewhere to crash, they will do nothing but drag everyone around them down and by helping them you are an enabler. Others are clever and game the system making mad money off your naive charity.

This is exactly how I paid for my 2 killer burritos from a taco truck last week. It was some good shit.

funny video.

But i NEVER EVER give money. I always ask if they want me to get them a sandwich, or if they need a shirt, pants, etc...99.99% of the time they either get rude, telling me I'm not compassionate or that they "don't need no help" from someone like me.

The 0.01% I truly care about, and after I get them and sandwich/etc, and they seem truly grateful....I give them $50. Its only happened once.

Back