Best Buy Brings Founder Back On Board

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wait, I thought this guy was forced to resign by the same board that now has "full confidence" in him? Probably the smartest thing they've done in a while but they are still running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Best Buy said today that its founder, Richard Schulze, is returning to the company as chairman emeritus. Schulze is also bringing with him a pair of new members for Best Buy's board of directors, former company executives Brad Anderson and Al Lenzmeier. The two are joining the board immediately and then will stand for election at the annual shareholder meeting in June, Best Buy said.

Last edited:
Rehash supply lines, negotiate lower costs with vendors, price fairly to the consumer, quit placing sole focus on extended service plans for anything and everything. TIFI

and they have good sales on BR discs, usually $9 for a good movie, not bad

If they could just get their employees (who are always standing around talking) to organize the DVD/Blu-Ray section, I would be willing to step foot in the store by my house.

Is this the same guy who put his foot in it way back when he labeled people "devil customers"?

Wasn't the founder the one that put Best Buy on the map in the first place? The last CEO did a terrible job moving the store forward in the age of Amazon and NewEgg sales. Maybe the founder have fresh ideas he wants to try.

Running the risk of starting a forum war, think of Steve Jobs. He was also fired, and Apple began to decline. After a few years, they brought him back on board and Apple soared to where it is today.

Back