GTX 580 SLI.. to Titan?

refraxion

[H]F Junkie
Hey guys, I was trying to look for benchmarks for 580 SLI vs GTX Titan, and have come up with barely anything.

So my question is this: Is it worth it to upgrade to a Titan from 580 SLI's? Is there even any performance gains, if any?

What resolution do you use? As far ask can see when playing with multiple monitors, 1 titan is almost if not faster then a 690.

2560x1440 resolution.
And the 580's are the 1.5gb models?

At that resolution, I would want more memory to take the settings higher.

You could sell your 580's and put that towards a titan?

From current benchmarks the Titan would be a massive upgrade over the 580's. But you're going to be paying almost 3 fold the price compared to the resale value of those 580's.

From current benchmarks the Titan would be a massive upgrade over the 580's. But you're going to be paying almost 3 fold the price compared to the resale value of those 580's.
Well yeah, the titan isn't for everybody.(or better to say their wallets.)

I'm pretty sure they're more or less equal in most games. As one has said above me though the memory limitations of the 580 really do become apparent in some games at 1440p (rocking 580 + 1440p myself) and will probably only continue to present itself as an issue in the coming year or two.

I'd love a titan but even then you can't really max things at 1440p. I'm waiting for maxwell (which should probably be roughly equivalent to titan sli) before upgrading again. Simply not worth the investment to still not be able to max a number of games. This 580 is going to end up lasting me longer than any other card I've purchased oddly enough.

Back to your main point - I don't think it is worth the upgrade. The same things you can't run comfortably at max now you probably won't be able to run comfortably at max with a titan. I'd expect a generally better experience in the majority of titles but I'm not sure it would be noticeable and personally wouldn't warrant the cost for so little gain.

To answer the other questions, yeah it is the 1.5GB models. But just how good will Maxwell be? Its already being pushed back to 2014. Though I guess I can hold out with my 580's until then, but will get almost zero resale value by then.

As for performance on 2560x1440.. is it really that similar? If so, I may just keep these and wait until Maxwell before doing an entire rig upgrade again..

They are releasing a titan-2 later this year. Has 320 bit bus, 2 less smx, 5gb vram, etc, lower price. If you don't want the titan I would wait for thAt

Back