Ubi goes Old School - Might and Magic X legacy

They are definitely trying to capitalize on the current trend of old school revivals, but there is at least a small chance that this could be good. I hope the current devs went back and played at least MMV and MMVI (Wizardry 7 for even better inspiration) first.

If they don't streamline anything, it might be OK. At least they are keeping the turn based blobber mechanics.

I'm glad Grimrock came out and added their indi touch to this rare kind of genre, but let's hope Ubisoft can reclaim the throne with the series that did it best.

(installs Mandate of Heaven)

This could be awesome. It better not have Uplay requirement or DRM.

great, another one of my favorite IP in line to get butchered.

Very possible. If they pull it off they will earn some serios street cred, though.

I'd rather have another DW Bradley Wizardry game, but a well designed M&M would make me very happy.

Grimrock was awesome, can't wait for 2.

The old Might and Magic games were very hardcore (too hardcore for me at a the time). I think that gaming has matured enough that even a hardcore game will have the accessability of modern gaming, but still be hardcore. I can't wait to check it out.

Another oldschool game series that is good is the Eschalon Book I-III series.

So sad to see the name Ubisoft associated to this title... :(

Too bad its being made by Ubi Soft. I won't install their DRM on my PC.

If anyone is at PAX East you will have to give us a report on it ... looks like they have demos up according to their Facebook news feed :)

If anyone is at PAX East you will have to give us a report on it ... looks like they have demos up according to their Facebook news feed :)

Also ask they if it will have drm on it?

Side note : I'm pretty sure if I ever went to any gaming conventions that I'd be asked to leave at some point.
Me"Why do I need to load Uplay after I've already launched from Steam?"
Ubi rep"Our customer love Uplay! It adds all sorts of value and is best thing ever!"

Yah at that point I'm pretty sure it'd be time for me to leave.

They've got my attention. At least seems like they are trying to stay close to the originals. But I'll still wait til it is out to make a decision. If they pull it off, could be the first Ubi game I've bought in years.

While this isn't going to be on the scale of something like World of Xeen, it looks to be a respectable entry.

I agree. The devs, Limbic Entertainment are a very small studio and you can definitely tell there are budget restraints with this title. I'm not really expecting big and flashy, I'm just hoping they can capture the same spirit of the originals.

Reading their Dev Blog, they seem quite committed to developing a game that is faithful to its predecessors, which does instill a bit of confidence. There is a ton of info on gameplay mechanics too.

I'll probably throw in for the Early Access simply based on supporting future releases of the genre. It may not be "modern", but it is fun!

The amount of fan feedback influence on the project has me optimistic. Some of the early concept ideas for the game were shot down by hardcore M&M fans before they had a chance to fester.

uplay = no way

Hope it is available otherwise so the devs can get some sales.

As always, eat a dick ubisoft.

Uplay ubisoft bs uggg the game looks like a lot of fun. As many titles nowdays the only way to get it without the drm is well ya know. Again honest people get screwed

Hold on a second ... buy a game through one DRM store just to have to log on through another DRM store?

I don't have a problem with Ubi having their own store but this is ridiculous.

As far as I am aware, Uplay and Steam both have offline modes. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :)

This game is actually pretty fun. It really does remind me of Might and Magic. I will admit that I started playing M&M at 7, so the whole grid mechanics take a little to get used to but overall it is still pretty fun.

There are a few things that I think need to be fixed that hopefully they will address before release. Like the day/night cycle being too fast. It seems pretty solid though.

Cool, I preordered it, so I gotta remember to download the game. I was always a big fan of the Might & Magic RPG series. So I was happy when they announced this last year. I hope it's a great success and we get more M&M RPGs.

I played some of the beta, and they had some of the old sound effects from the previous M&M games, I am hoping they kept them in here for the official release.

Is this getting a retail release in the USA? Just wondering if I might find it at Gamestop or Best Buy...

Back