Microsoft Opens Up On Law Enforcement Requests

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft says that even though it received 75,378 law enforcement requests last year, the company only disclosed information two percent of the time.

Microsoft said the 75,378 law enforcement requests -- which included requests related to Skype -- potentially affected 137,424 accounts or other identifiers, but that only 2.1 percent, or 1,558 requests, resulted in the disclosure of customer content.

On a kind of related note, I used to work for the help desk at a university here in Illinois and I would frequently get emails from the RIAA requesting info of users caught sharing copywrited content.
Never gave them anything. I am such a rebel.

On a kind of related note, I used to work for the help desk at a university here in Illinois and I would frequently get emails from the RIAA requesting info of users caught sharing copywrited content.

Haha stupid RIAA you the man:)

RIAA != law enforcement feel free to refuse them all day long. Looks like it takes a warrant to get microsoft to open up. Which is what it should take.

A warrant takes 10 minutes to get. 99% of the time, I'm trying to find identity theft, personally, I don't care about RIAA/MPAA nonsense.

Back