NZXT HALE90 V2 850W PSU

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hardware Secrets has just published a review of the NZXT HALE90 V2 850W power supply. Here's a quote from the thirteen page review:

The NZXT HALE90 V2 850 W is a very good power supply with the 80 Plus Gold certification and a fully modular cabling system. During our tests it presented efficiency between 88.4% and 90.9% at high temperatures, extremely low noise and ripple levels, and excellent voltage regulation for the +12 V and +5 V outputs. The voltage regulation on the +3.3 V output, however, was not spectacular, although this output remained within the allowed range.

At that price, it shouldn't be group regulated. I don't understand why FSP still thinks this is ok when the rest of the world has moved to indy for high end. Good ol' FSP, cutting costs on the high end.

It's not group regulated... it's indy regulated (AC to DC), and that's (most likely) the reason for the fabulous output quality... which puts these units in select company (Delta high ends and Flextronics DSP desings... and nothing else). ;).... these are, hands down, excellent units (I've decided to take the 3.3V rail behavior of this sample as a hiccup, for now).

You're the first person I'm hearing saying that it's indy. Any source? I'll happily eat my own words.

Gabe's own review, the secondary analysis part..... also Crmaris' review (for the 1KW unit).... Bobnova's review as well (the 1.2KW unit) which is also interesting from the noise/ripple measurement perspective, considering what he typically gets with that particular oscilloscope, this platform did exceptionally well (and it is among the best on the market really, FSP stepped up.. finally).

Gabe's own review, the secondary analysis part..... also Crmaris' review (for the 1KW unit).... Bobnova's review as well (the 1.2KW unit) which is also interesting from the noise/ripple measurement perspective, considering what he typically gets with that particular oscilloscope, this platform did exceptionally well (and it is among the best on the market really, FSP stepped up.. finally).

You're absolutely right. I must have completely glazed over after I saw those 3.3v numbers.

Welcome to the party FSP.

Back