Dell U2713HM Is this amount of Backlight Bleed acceptable?

yes it is. i have around that aswell and unless i play in the middle of night without lights on and the image is FULL BLACK. i can see it a bit.

dont worry about it too much man. yours is FINE!

not ttyping in caps to be angry but to just make it clear to you :)

looks exactly like mine. I got a Rev A00 mfg date is November 2012.

I'm not sure if trying to get a rma would help backlight bleed.

I don't notice it with actual content on screen and the sRGB profile is very good so it doesn't bother me much.

I understand IPS screens and LED backlights combine to have a pretty good chance for noticeable bleed but the color quality and viewing angles trump this small issue for my use.

Just got my Dell u2713HM and abit concerned about that yellow spot in the lower left corner.
Those that have dealt with BLB, you guys think this amount is acceptable or should i RMA ?

http://i.imgur.com/ZDS7KgF.jpg

Do you notice it in real world use? I don't know if I would characterize that as bleed. That looks more like IPS glow - off center viewing on semi glossy panels will create this appearance at times. It's a little worse on glossy panels - but you can eliminate it with a matte AG coating. Of course, the trade-off there is that a matte coating will absolutely destroy text clarity on white backgrounds.

So pick your poison. Matte coating eliminates IPS glow with the downside of creating a grainy appearance, and poor clarity on white backgrounds. Semi glossy and glossy IPS panels will always have IPS glow. BUT you will not notice it in real world use. The fact that you can't ever see this without a specific test should be telling - so unless you have complete OCD / aspergers syndrome you shouldn't have an issue. Unless all you do is run monitor tests 24/7.

thats probably the best one ive seen, ive gone through about 7 cant believe all of mine have had the green tint -_-

Well, i do notice it a little bit during dark game and movie scenes. Its not major.
After reading all the horror stories about awful bleeding, im considering keeping it and hopefully exchange for a better one when dell releases rev1(if they ever do).
Thanx for all the input.

Back