Microsoft Introduces Imagine Cup Competition for Young Students

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. today announced the launch of the Imagine Cup Kodu Challenge, a new Microsoft Imagine Cup competition that offers aspiring game developers, ages 9 to 18, the opportunity to learn coding by developing a video game with Kodu, an easy-to-learn, game-creation toolkit and programming language available for free download on Windows-based PCs. Microsoft has drawn on the expertise of Mercy Corps and the Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop to launch this new challenge as part of Imagine Cup, Microsoft’s student technology skills development program and competition.

I started with BASIC. I moved to C++. I added Java. I was 10 when I started, and 15 by the time I was using Java. Why do the kids need to learn a language which will never be used again? You can make plenty of fun games, fairly easily, with nothing more than the existing, well documented languages.

Wow. That link did something weird. It launched Bing after page not found. Then my internet access shut off for a few seconds.

Back