Cubitek Mini Cube

HardOCP News

[H] News
Building a mini-ITX system? Well then, Guru3D's review of the Cubitek Mini Cube will definitely be of interest.

We review the Cubitech Mini Cube as it is the world’s first Mini ITX chassis supporting cable management behind the MB tray. With the fully aluminum Mini Cube, this brings Mini ITX to gamers whilst using up a minimum of space. It is simple, yet stylish and even comes with modern features like USB 3.0 and cable management behind the MB tray. Next to that it is as light as a feather as the Mini Cube is made out of aluminum.

That thing.... rocks...

I really dig it. Cooling might be a problem for a higher end system. Despite it's size it does have potential as a project :D

pretty cute little case. i honestly hadnt considered a small form factor for the next build, favoring ginormous LianLi cases, etc. (really looking for the simple clean look, this cube achieves that in spades)

this little thing will get a 2nd look later when it comes time to build. :cool:

I hope a couple Aussie retailers are able to get these. I've had my eye on this case for months. Mod a fan into the front, and it's perfect.

I hope a couple Aussie retailers are able to get these. I've had my eye on this case for months. Mod a fan into the front, and it's perfect.

EXACTLY my first thought. Mod a fan on the front that takes care of cooling, Add window maybe, just a sweet little case.

Lol Lian Li wanna be with less attention to detail, and poor quality control.

Less attention to detail and poor quality control...care to elaborate on what you see wrong with either regarding the Cubitek Mini Cube?

Small, but big enough to fit a 690. I'd buy this but I need an extra expansion card slot for a wireless adapter. There should be a common motherboard size with two PCIe slots....They jump from 1 to 4.

Lol Lian Li wanna be with less attention to detail, and poor quality control.

It does look like a ghetto Lian Li, though more functional and the QC doesn't look all that bad. They should've painted the whole thing black.

Looks more functional than a similar Lian Li, especially the HDD mounts

I just order these item from amazon today..

*Seasonic SS-660XP2 ATX 12V/EPS 12V, 660W, 80 PLUS PLATINUM Full Modular certified Active PFC Power Supply

*CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML16GX3M2A1600C10B

*ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard with USB BIOS

*Corsair Neutron Series GTX CSSD-N240GBGTXB-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

I wanted to wait for the new Core i7 4770..but this is alot more than I need..Oh and I bought a 3700k too.

I'm just waiting for the case to come back in stock..at ncix

If I were building a Mini-ITX system, I'd have to flip a coin between this case and a Bitfenix Prodigy.

I agree! Very nice looking (and innovative) case. This and the Prodigy would be the only two I would consider for this form factor.

NCIX..has "Cubitek" listed on their site..I have checked for the last 4 weeks to buy this case..and there is no stock...what the F*&K it that ..if you dont have it or dont intend to sell the dam thing,take it off your site,,I have check other forums and no one I can see has bought this dam..GHOST..case. Just ranting but it buggs the crap out of me when there is an item on a site for weeks and you come back and check and check and check..and they dont have it...SHEEEEE

I saw the video Linus did. Sweet little case, but when he said temps at 80 on the cpu that just put me off. That case needs some extra ventilation no question. That would easily bring temps down. Mod the rear to a 120 if possible, and 140 in front(room permitting) and you'd have some good flow for sure. I've been on a 3 way seesaw of Bitfenix, Fractal, or this Cubitek for awhile now. Decision, decisions.

Awesome post man. That system looks great and so much fun to build in. What's your take on it so far?

Here's my Cubitek Mini Cube build. I am currently looking for a tower style CPU cooler. Anyone know of one that will fit?

N8CbVAi.jpg

DA4287t.jpg

Yea but I wanna build a nice little cube for my parents (to replace the giant 7 year old dell they have) and they need a dvd drive :( You know - hey Mom this little box 1/8 the size of your old computer is your replacement.

*Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-i-Deluxe,
*INTEL Ivy Bridge I5 3330S,
*Ram CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SMART TRACER LED (2 x 4 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL8 (LED orange & Bleue),
*SSD SAMSUNG730 (128Go), Serial ATA 6Gb/s,
*PROLIMATECH GENESIS (Noiseblocker XL1 Fan) *Noctua NF-R8 pull Fan,
*BE QUIET L8 300W PSU (NEW!)
* Graphic card MSI TWIN FROZR III GTX660 OC 2 Go.

Quiet; tiny and beautiful !

629839DSC03607800x600.jpg

557483DSC03610800x600.jpg

722428DSC03611800x600.jpg

891883DSC03613800x600.jpg

Does your side panel close with that cooler on?

*Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-i-Deluxe,
*INTEL Ivy Bridge I5 3330S,
*Ram CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SMART TRACER LED (2 x 4 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL8 (LED orange & Bleue),
*SSD SAMSUNG730 (128Go), Serial ATA 6Gb/s,
*PROLIMATECH GENESIS (Noiseblocker XL1 Fan) *Noctua NF-R8 pull Fan,
*BE QUIET L8 300W PSU (NEW!)
* Graphic card MSI TWIN FROZR III GTX660 OC 2 Go.

Quiet; tiny and beautiful !

629839DSC03607800x600.jpg

557483DSC03610800x600.jpg

722428DSC03611800x600.jpg

891883DSC03613800x600.jpg

Back