SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are one of the 1.1M people that bought SimCity, you are entitled to download one of the following games as compensation for your troubles.

• Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Bejeweled 3
  • Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

lol i think its funny simcity 4 is on the list.

i never picked up mass effect 3 so now is my chance tho to get it.

It would be funny if the options were only games that required a constant Internet connection.

who in the hell would pick up bejeweled 3 and simcity4? they are like 5 dollars.

"Sorry we screwed up your $80 dollar game, that still doesn't really work 2 weeks after it lauched... here's 5 dollars worth of some crap that really doesn't cost us a dime anyway"

When this game gets down to 5-10 bucks, i might pick it up, as long as the off-line hack still works.

So if i already own all the games...am I allowed to use it to get the DLC for any of the games instead of the game itself...?

who in the hell would pick up bejeweled 3 and simcity4? they are like 5 dollars.

"Sorry we screwed up your $80 dollar game, that still doesn't really work 2 weeks after it lauched... here's 5 dollars worth of some crap that really doesn't cost us a dime anyway"

Seriously...even PvsZ. That is just pathetic.

And they are still ROFLOL all the way to the bank with everyone's SC5 money...

I would have been happier with a $50-70 dollar credit instead of this 'voucher'
Whatever.

wow, of all of those I own Plants vs. Zombies. Guess it's a good thing in didn't do Sim City :D

Plants vs. zombies was free during Halloween. This entire list is a slap in the face.

This is how a class action lawsuit should work......everyone who wants a refund obviously cannot afford to open up a petty lawsuit to get a refund of a whole $60-80 in court. It's not even worth it for that amount simply for time spent. Someone should be able to start this group suit against EA for a refund. If won, any person who wanted a refund could then get it, no questions asked, aside from documentation showing you bought the game. Instead.....the blood sucking lawyers take all the money in that case :rolleyes:

It would be funny if the options were only games that required a constant Internet connection.

Actually I was going to point out that they purposely picked a lot of games which have some sort of DLC / premium service so they are hoping to actually make more money off of you.

I stopped pre-ordering or even buying at launch because publishers keep pulling crap like this. They're no longer interested in launching functioning products. Better to wait and see if the game is any good, or if it even works before handing my money over.

Okay I guess I'll just come out and be the only one to say it. Aside from Great Works when I eventually made one not working and friends unable to connect to my private region I didn't experience many hiccups in gameplay and generally enjoyed the experience. I now get DS3 as a gift for the not so insignificant annoyance of occasional downtime, I'm thrilled. This release fiasco should never have happened and I understand the frustration but some of you are WAY more butthurt than you should be considering the bonus isn't two 5 year old bargain bin games like I assumed it would be.

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition) - Given in the hope you will buy premium or some of the DLCs. AKA a cash grab.

Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition) This game was DOA. WTF

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - A ten year old game.

some offer there EA

It's not really a problem because it's only client side and the client is unable to save. To save you'd need to spoof the UserID in which case there is no point to the hack because then you can just enter the town as owner not visitor.

how i understand it.. it's a client side hack that the server accepts and saves....

Oh it just gets better and better.

‘SimCity’ Hack Lets Users Destroy Neighbors; EA Hiding Customer Service Numbers Online

Just when users thought the debacle of both failing server support and outright lies might finally be out of the spotlight for EA, it looks like SimCity fans are in for more disaster. Hackers have discovered that it’s possible to completely destroy players’ cities on public regions, and as a result overwhelmed SimCity support staff have begun censoring the customer support hotline number on the EA Forums – meaning gamers in need of help will face an uphill battle to get it.

...A few days ago, modders made the discovery that a few changes client-side would allow them to edit areas past their own city boundaries, which would then sync on the server-side over at Maxis. As innocent as this discovery was, it paved the way to much more sinister findings – that gamers could go into any neighbor’s region and effectively bulldoze their entire city.....

http://gamerant.com/simcity-hack-destroys-neighbors/

What blows my mind is that 1.1 million lemmings actually bought this raging haemorrhoid of a game, even after the catastrophic reviews. Gamers are like crackheads to these franchises.

Went ahead with Sim City 4. Why? Because all the games on the list that I enjoy or would enjoy, I already own. Was it a weak list? Certainly. Did EA have to do it? No, but they should have done more than what they did. But I kind of expected something like this. (And honestly, even if there was a class action lawsuit, I'd probably only see 13 cents back).

worked out well for me was going to pick up NFS:MW any way

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition) - Given in the hope you will buy premium or some of the DLCs. AKA a cash grab.

Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition) This game was DOA. WTF

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - A ten year old game.

some offer there EA

Yeah that's a pretty funny list. Too bad they couldn't add The WarZ or Aliens:Colonial Marines to that list. My gawd that would be amazing lol.:p

Bejeweled 3 and Plants vs Zombies? Seriously?

Yea I mean honestly with all the titles that they own, let alone just sell on Origin they fucking give us a choice of 2 smartphone games? Fucking idiots runnin the show I swear.

DeadSpace3 is what I grabbed since its still selling at full $60, NFS would've been second choice. Most of the rest of the titles have been as low as $10 on sale. SimCity4 has been on sale for $5 on Steam

BF3 is worth owning if you don't have it, the vanilla maps are still among the best (Caspian/kharg/firestorm). You can spend hundreds of hours in the multiplayer, its basically crack.

Back