How much you in the hole from Steam, GOG, GreenMan, Gamefly etc..etc? Backlog?

Technikal

Gawd
I was looking at my friends list today and one guy had over 500 games on Steam alone. But looking at "time spent playing" almost all of them were 1.5 hours or less. Over 200 of them had no time logged at all. What a waste of money..mental problem? Digital Hoarder? :)

I know those damn steam and GOG sales are hard to resist for some but the way I see it you can only play 2-3 games at a time and I like to finish them or know for sure I hate the game or it won't run on my system without hours of fixing with user made fixes usually..before I buy a new one, sales be damned! lol. Games always go on sale again.

Anyway I have a backlog of 3 games right now. Ace Of Spades, War Of The Roses and Thief 2.
I always buy games on sale and usually never spend more than $15 for a game. I'm a cheap ass yeah :)

Total spent on Steam and GOG..I guess about $340 over 2 years total 52 games.
Not bad :)

Last edited:
Too much. I have 256 games with about 40 having more than 4 hours of play time. Making a concerted effort to work through my backlog, and am trying to play some indies between the AAA games. So far Mark of the Ninja, Deadlight and Torchlight 2 are some of the best games I have played in years.

Depends if they bought collections. I have a few of them that came with a pile of games (THQ and the Square Enix one I think...maybe more) gotten during the sales for about the price of a release game. I haven't played a pile of games in those collections because they don't interest me so much or haven't got round to it. :D

Then the other cheap way of getting games is sales... or just buying cheap games. humble bundles can be $1 and add 6-8 games to your collection. :D

I think over a thousand bucks. Buying games on sale and never even installing them has become a habit.

Steam says I have 283 games there, so probably about 275, discounting beta and those extra stuff.

My backlog is too long I've lost count. Sometimes I'm greedy and I buy packs on sales even if I just wanted the newest installment of a franchise. Most of the games are bought during sales though.

I have 56 games on Steam at last count, I bought the majority (90%+) on Steam Sales at less than $5 with the rare title at $10 with DLC if I simply had to check it out now. That's about $300 bucks or so in the last few years.

Only installed and played about half of them and actually sat down and finished 10 of them in that same time.

I stopped buying sale games until I get my log down. Right now I'm at 20+ games. I've played through quite a few I wanted to.

Money wise? I have no idea. Most of the games I've bought on the various services have been discounted in some form or another. Game wise? Uhh...A lot.

I keep 25-30 installed at any time and almost all of those I've completed at one point or another. Past that, I have 70'ish total even if a good chunk of those are Half-Life and Half-Life 2 spin off games.
There have been a fair number of decent deals on games I wanted (Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, NFS Most Wanted), so I bought a few before I really "wanted" them...but I'm not complaining.

I have roughly ~120 games with some f2p and freebies. I think I've probably spent 200-300 or so total which isn't bad. I do tend to play most of my games, just takes time to get through them. I'm at the point where I have almost all the games from 2005 or so until last september and more recent releases. No point to pay $60 to play a game day one when I won't and it will drop to $20-30 within 2-4 months.

222 games on steam, 12 on origin. I don't want to guess how much I've spent over the years.

Back