Colour calibration for the XL2411T WITH FORCED 2D lightboost?

Bishi

n00b
Does anyone have something better than the below?

The closest I could get (using my eyes) is the following:

Mon contrast 65
Nvidia settings
Gamma 1.15

Red B 30 C 15
Green B 35 C 30
Blue B 25 C 10

The colours still don't look quite as good as normal though, has anyone else applied the lightboost hack / tweak and managed to balance the colours better?!

Posting some old posts for completeness' sake even though you have probably already tried these.
My favourite settings have been the below.
However, it does not seem to work best for all XL2411T monitors.

Mark Rejhon said:
The BENQ XL2411T LightBoost Crimson Fix

Zero crimson tint with BENQ LightBoost!
On the subject of BENQ color calibration, I cancel out the crimson tint via nVidia Control Panel, by doing the following:

Via Monitor Menus
Monitor's Contrast Setting = 65 .... (If using nVidia Gamma 1.10)
(Note: ASUS VG248QE's seem to like Contrast of 90 instead)

Via nVidia Control Panel - "Adjust Desktop Color Settings"
Adjust them individually, R, G, B.
---
R Contrast = 30%
G Contrast = 45%
B Contrast = 30%
---
R Brightness = 10%
G Brightness = 40%
B Brightness = 10%
---
R,G,B Gamma = 1.10
(Click the adjuster, then use cursor arrow keys to get exactly 1.10)

Make sure to readjust Monitor OSD contrast everytime you change Gamma. nVidia Gamma 1.10 worked best with a monitor OSD Contrast of 65.
With these settings, I can see the difference between RGB(0,0,0) and RGB(1,1,1), without a wrongly tinted color in backgrounds or in dim colors.

Test Patterns Used
-- Lagom Contrast Pattern
-- Lagom Black Level

Here is also a different set of settings to try; just in case the above settings do not work well.
immetjes said:
Wow, I just tried your settings, and our monitors are not identical at all. I use these settings:
R Contrast = 30%
G Contrast = 35%
B Contrast = 32%
---
R Brightness = 17%
G Brightness = 20%
B Brightness = 15%
---
R,G,B Gamma = 1.09 (only able to choose this or 1.11, not 1.10). Lightboost on and Contrast on 65 in OSD. Where you have to boost your green, the colours on my monitor are more balanced as it seems.
You could also purchase a Spyder sensor to help you do the calibration much more perfectly in a more automatic manner. Make sure the sensor is also compatible with all displays (e.g. plasma/CRT) rather than just LCD, since LightBoost makes LCD behave very differently. One warning, many video games tend to override the calibration (not all, though).

Thanks Mark. I'm actually Bishi - I posted on your site. The original settings you provided were very green on my monitor unfortunately, and the others provided by immetjes weren't perfect either. I was just after some more opinions.

Big thanks for all of your efforts so far though :)

Sorry for resurrecting a thread, but just wanted to say thank you Bishi. These are the best settings I have used so far for LightBoost. :)
Seems like most XL2411T monitors are different when it comes to this thing.

Back