FTC: Social Media Ads Have To Follow The Rules Too

HardOCP News

[H] News
Tired of all the scammy ads on Facebook and Twitter? Well, you are not alone, it looks like the FTC is fed up with them too. :cool:

One of the important duties held by the Federal Trade Commission is making sure ads don’t mislead consumers. Yesterday the FTC set out clear rules for short-form ads on social media like Twitter and Facebook as well. Namely, they have to be held to the same basic requirement as other advertising — be upfront about what’s going on.

Does the FTC have the ability to police a site in say, Russia, or France, or Germany?

Yeah, lets get the FTC cruising Yelp too, I know when you write about something as a review you need to legally mention if you were given anything by said company...

Yeah, lets get the FTC cruising Yelp too, I know when you write about something as a review you need to legally mention if you were given anything by said company...

Yelp has some of the strictest review filters I've ever seen. It's the Google+ reviews they need to crack down on. You can get like 30 reviews for $5 on fiverr.com

Back