Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl

HardOCP News

[H] News
Looking for a new mid-tower case? The crew at Guru3D have a review of the Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl posted today that may be of interest.

Fractal Design released the R4 Black Pearl, an all black, silent and stylish mid-tower chassis. This ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX ready tower chassis can house a quite a bit of storage, has plenty of space to work in and is stylish in all its ways. The Define R4 features a front interface with USB 3.0 and an integrated three-speed fan controller behind the front panel door.

I bought this case. I haven't built my system yet, but upon initial inspection I am very happy with this case.

Newegg says this case (the black Define R4) is discontinued. What gives?

They're really only out of stock - Newegg will occasionally screw up the explanation as to why you can't order it when it's temporarily out of stock...

I was wondering about the same thing… Amazon and Newegg don't have this case in stock for some reason! R5 or R4 v2 coming out soon? They just refreshed the Define XL so I've been wondering about that! Was looking at ordering the R4 this week… :X

I wish they would bring a white define xl or a define r4 with 15mm spacing at the top and a bit more room.

What makes this different than a normal r4 black? If it's identical, why is the review just up now?

I wish they would bring a white define xl or a define r4 with 15mm spacing at the top and a bit more room.

The white R4 already looks like a mini fridge. A white XL and I'd be opening it expecting cool beer cans inside… :X

What makes this different than a normal r4 black? If it's identical, why is the review just up now?

In the beginning of the review, Guru3D states :

"To date there has been one chassis that somehow slipped through the mazes of all review materials here at the Guru3D LAB.

So yes, Fractal Design has had the R4 on the market for a while now and we still had to test the Black Pearl edition, aimed at the folks that go for style and silence with this all black mid-tower chassis."

Back