Photoshop-Like Interior Light Control Interface

I like the idea as well, but would want a slightly more elegant solution for the fixtures.

I like the idea as well, but would want a slightly more elegant solution for the fixtures.

This ^^. The concept is pretty neat - one of the applications I can see for this restaurant/lounge mood lighting.

A lot more control than a dimmer switch/busboy-on-ladder. :eek:

I can see uses for this in Stage and presentations. But my girlfriend and I can't agree on lighting levels for the two lights in the living room. I can't imagine trying to get an agreement on this..

Yea, not sure if this is for the house. Most likely right now its going to be for production like cinema, and theater where they take a lot of focus on lighting.

Gimballed lights and fancy controls might make sense for an art gallery, and other niche locations.

People who want this in their homes are guilty of technodweebery for its own sake.

Places that already have independent control of lighting can already do this, maybe not with a fancy tablet but they do it with switches/dimmers on the walls. For a home this is just stupid, you would need a more than reasonable amount of lights in the ceiling, each light would have to have individual wires going back to a "plug" instead of chaining them off one another or you'd need some circuitry for each fixture which would also increase the price of doing something as simple as lighting a god damn room.

Of course putting this in your livingroom is idiotic. However in a showroom(art, cars, etc.), restaurant where table layouts may change, state productions maybe, it seems like it would be easier to use than trial and error to figure out which dimmers do what. Meaning you wouldn't have to rely on the "lighting guy" just to make a couple of minor changes.

Back