Office 2013 Is Now Transferable

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Microsoft Office blog says that Office 2013 is now transferable. The details are listed below:

You may transfer the software to another computer that belongs to you, but not more than one time every 90 days (except due to hardware failure, in which case you may transfer sooner). If you transfer the software to another computer, that other computer becomes the "licensed computer." You may also transfer the software (together with the license) to a computer owned by someone else if a) you are the first licensed user of the software and b) the new user agrees to the terms of this agreement before the transfer.

Love being a negative-Nancy? Keep making MS to be a bad guy on this with your second hand evidence from third party sites based upon what somebody else told them. I have never had, with any MS product, transferring it to another machine if there was a HW failure. Furthermore...even if I run out of online activations...a simple phone call fixes all. Furthermore all of my friends (IT and not) have never had any issues either.

Does your issue stem from than $20 license you bought from some third party vendor who was really selling tech-net licenses?

I was expecting something like this from the moment they announced the new pricing structure and licensing details.

You now pay almost as much for ONE license of office 2013 business as you did for the retail version of Home & Business 2010 which installed on THREE computers.

At least with this, they give back the "licensing right" to put that ONE license on anything you own, transfer it to another system, or give it to someone.

Only sane considering it's still an overall PRICE INCREASE.

Thank you for seeing reason MS.

guess they had too many pissed off business'

I know we were purchasing 2010 just so I could reuse it on the users computers knowing they be getting new ones in the near future..having it locked to one install is stupid, almost as bad as when office 2010 wanted you to install the cd at random occasions..ill never forget that call when my CEO was on the plane trying to work and it asked him for a CD

Why bother when i can just use MS office for free online comes with sky drive...

Still waiting for Microsoft to make a full-fledge version of Microsoft Office for OS X.

I think it's bad English for "why pay for Microsoft Office when I could use Microsoft Office Web App for free along with SkyDrive?"

Oh right that. It's not really the same thing but good for him if he uses it that way.

Back