Dead Space 4 Cancellation Rumors Are False

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like the rumors that Dead Space 4 was cancelled are false. The first clue? It's kind of hard to cancel a game that hasn't even been announced yet. ;)

"The reports of our death were greatly exaggerated," said Dino Ignacio, a member of the Dead Space development team, over Twitter. Another Visceral Games developer, writing on NeoGAF, called the rumor "completely false based on my knowledge."

Whenever there's a bad "rumor" about EA it always seems to be false... Like the "dude who posted on the forums and got his account banned" and "they scans yo hard drives!" ones...

But because they are popular to dislike, eeeveryone believes everything and hops on the bandwagon. :D

Dead Space 4 unconfirmed. Dead Space 5 delayed. Dead Space 6 canceled. That should keep em busy for a while. :rolleyes:

So, they're cancelling the rumor?

They were caught underprepared for the popularity of the rumor. It took a lot of hard work, but they are 95% sure they can get the rumor mill turning again, it's not a "we're in the clear" message they wanted to deliver, but it is progress.

Whenever there's a bad "rumor" about EA it always seems to be false... Like the "dude who posted on the forums and got his account banned" and "they scans yo hard drives!" ones...

But because they are popular to dislike, eeeveryone believes everything and hops on the bandwagon. :D

Or they're most likely true, but EA likes to spin things to think the opposite.

Or they're most likely true, but EA likes to spin things to think the opposite.

Everyone has sand in their vaginas about EA for some reason, so people can get a bunch of attention if they make up something silly about them, and people believe it without thinking or questioning.

Lots of these rumors get bigger and bigger and repeated because it's about the "great enemy" (it's pretty common in cultures to form a group identity by the dislike of some "enemy" rather than a joint love of something). If you ask everyone "does Origin scans and transmits your documents" most people will probably still think it's true, the rebuttals aren't as popular as the bandwagon. :p

I heard that EA was going to make a gaming console called the Origin Box and launch it in conjunction with the cancelled Dead Space 4 game. It requires an always-on Internet connection and will the the only way that Dead Space 4 can be played. As a gift for buying it, you'll get the free SimCity 5 DLC that adds the ability to access EA's premium servers that feature fewer user connections and gives you the "exclusive mayor" achievement.

I hope its not canceled. It's a great series. But it is the 4th game in the series. It needs a reboot.

Everyone has sand in their vaginas about EA for some reason, so people can get a bunch of attention if they make up something silly about them, and people believe it without thinking or questioning.

Lots of these rumors get bigger and bigger and repeated because it's about the "great enemy" (it's pretty common in cultures to form a group identity by the dislike of some "enemy" rather than a joint love of something). If you ask everyone "does Origin scans and transmits your documents" most people will probably still think it's true, the rebuttals aren't as popular as the bandwagon. :p

Taking it upon yourself to fight the good fight and defend someone in need? ;) I actually haven't heard the "transmit your documents" one. Last I knew I still can't opt out of their hardware survey.

I hope its not canceled. It's a great series. But it is the 4th game in the series. It needs a reboot.

If DS3 does well enough for them to do DS4, why change the current trend with DS3. It should be put to rest before it mutates into something horrible like RE series.

Taking it upon yourself to fight the good fight and defend someone in need? ;) I actually haven't heard the "transmit your documents" one. Last I knew I still can't opt out of their hardware survey.

It's more pointing out peoples ridiculousness. :p

It was some guy (from Germany I think) who was storing his legal/bank documents in his program files folder (for some reason...) and apparently they scanned this folder during Origins install and transmitted them to EA (who evidently has a load of hard drives to store everyone's HDD image and a bunch of staff for sifting through this for bank details [which they already have from when you buy stuff...]) and then got defrauded or something. It was the start of the whole "Origin scans your documents" outrage. :D

Back