Port Forwarding the PS3?

MelonSplitter

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an Actiontec router from Verizon and cant access the PS3 store. I called Sony tech support who told me that the PS3 uses port forwarding and they sent me the port numbers but didnt explain how to enable them. I then called Verizon and was told this is a Premium Tech Support issue. In other words, cough up the dinero. I told them screw that,just to type in a few numbers on my router. Anyway I searched and could only find basic port forwarding. I need some help with custom port forwarding.

That's odd. My fios router never blocked any ports that caused an issue with my ps3. Really strange. I'll check my router settings and see if there is a way to DMZ your PS3 to unlock all the ports.

I had a combined Verizon Actiontec DSL gateway/wireless router and it worked fine with the PS store.

Do you have a separate DSL modem and router? A lot of times if you just have a DSL modem, then plug in a router, the modem is still operating in routed bridge mode. The modem needs to be switched to pass through bridge, or whatever they call it.

If that's not the case:

Do you have a VOIP box (or anything else) between the wall and the router?
Do you have the firewall on the router on?
Is UPnP enabled on the PS3 and router?

Solved: My firewall in the router was set on medium. I turned it to low which is basically off. Thanks bigdogchris

Back