ME3:Citadel DLC Split Into 2 Downloads for Xbox 360

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Bioware announced today that the upcoming Mass Effect3: Citadel DLC for Xbox 360 will be split into two packs due to its larger than usual size. The PC and PS3 platforms will not be affected. Mass Effect 3: Citadel will be available on Tuesday.

The first pack is priced at $14.99 and the second pack is tagged as free. Players need to purchase and download pack 1, then download pack 2 at no additional cost.”

Cool! I'll be up for this. I've got all the single player DLC and all of them were pretty good....well Omega was kinda lame. Still I love these games so much that they could have a DLC where all you're doing is trying to get Joker laid and I'd still buy it.

Not this shit again. :rolleyes:

I know all the cool kids hate this game / series. The sad fact is, I've seen worse storylines in popular science fiction and these games are still a lot of fun despite ME3's bad ending. And even then, it's not quite so bad now. It's not perfect but the ME3:EC actually did help. There is also an ending mod which actually gives people the happy ending that most seemed to want. (I'll admit to wanting that too, but I didn't require it.)

In any case, I'll be getting this for sure. I've played all the DLC for the entire series and loved almost all of it. There were a few that weren't as good as the others but none of them outright disappointed me.

Get over it. Seriously.

ME3 was still a really good game.

I'll be buying this DLC as well.

Agreed. If you don't like it, fine. But the threadcrapping in every ME3 related thread is BS. Supposedly BioWare is really putting a lot of effort into this one with tons of voice actors coming back to do additional voice work etc.

Looking forward to it.

I've put hundreds of hours into all three games in just single player trying different classes and outcomes.

Guess what? Some of your favorite movies have as many gaping plot holes as Mass Effect is supposed to have. Get over it. Nothing is perfect.

I've stayed away from the single player DLC for Mass Effect 3. None of them really seemed to fit very well into the framework of the story in the game, although that could just be because I didn't play them.

I enjoyed the gameplay in Mass Effect 3 quite a bit, and I really liked a lot of the characters and portions of the story were really great. There were still some real low points, though, like anything involving Kai Leng (or whatever that dork was named), and even though the Extended Cut DLC did improve the ending, it still wasn't too great of an ending. And the multiplayer was addictive. My wife and I probably put 30 hours into the multiplayer alone.

Hell, Mass Effect 3 makes it really hard to go back to playing Mass Effect 1, with those poor controls and boring missions. ME1 is definitely a case where the PC players got a much more playable game than the console players got.

While I was not pleased with the ending of my most beloved series of this generation of gaming I am looking forward to this DLC. Why people are still holding a grudge over this a year later is beyond me; at one point I was one of the people up in arms about after a week or so I was like eh the hell with it. The lofty goals and promises made in interviews during the year building up to the release of the game far out stretched what they delivered. You know kind of like everyone voted into the House, Congress and the Oval Office.

I was about to be upset about money grubbing and stuff like that, but it seems it's only for Xbox and the only reason it's split is due to size constraints. They are coming out at the same time and the 2nd one is free. They aren't making you pay twice. Go bioware.

I'll defend this game til my dying breath. It is my all time favorite game and the only game in 30 years of gaming that I've become emotionally invested in. Yes the ending wasn't perfect but with the EC, it's pretty dammed good now. Yes there are plot holes but so what. The Star Wars movies are chock full of plot holes and I couldn't care less.

I've got 30+ hours into my latest ME3 playthru and I'm not even to the Asari home world yet thanks to the DLC. Hard to find a game that gives that much return on investment. Worth every penny.

As for the DLC not being really relevant, I'd say Leviathan is. It's not something you have to do but it's a very big chunk of information that is very cool to know. Omega is not however. It's fun and worth the $15 I suppose but it makes not impact on the game at all aside from extra experience points and some weapon mods.

But yeah, Mass Effect is superb but it's not for everybody. I've said for a while now, if you don't get emotionally attached or invested in the characters, you probably won't care as much for the game. If you do, it'll be one of you all time greats. This is the only game I can think of where the characters, the story and the world is more important than the actual game play at least IMO.

thing here is i like the game but the ending just killed it for me as any DLC doesnt change any thing

if it at lest gave me an epic boss fight id think about it but the bullshit space brat .... no thanks
even a "Kobayashi Maru" style ending would of been better

I WANT MY SHOW DOWN WITH HARBINGER

Holy shit, they certainly waited long enough to release DLC for this game. A year after release? I don't even care anymore...

Holy shit, they certainly waited long enough to release DLC for this game. A year after release? I don't even care anymore...

They've been releasing DLC the whole time. I think there's like, 7 or 8 multiplayer DLC packs (free) and 4 or 5 single player DLC packs.

thing here is i like the game but the ending just killed it for me as any DLC doesnt change any thing

if it at lest gave me an epic boss fight id think about it but the bullshit space brat .... no thanks
even a "Kobayashi Maru" style ending would of been better

I WANT MY SHOW DOWN WITH HARBINGER

It kind of was a Kobayashi Maru ending, and Bioware said "the end boss has been done too much, we wanted to be different", but every previous game was an end boss fight climax, so changing it from Harbinger remote controlling Illusive Man, to some derpy ghost kid was annoying, I guess they didn't want to have a repeat of the ending from the first game.

I will not buy any of the DLC until it has all been released, not going to play through one DLC at a time, as yet again I'm not getting the full story.

I'll defend this game til my dying breath. It is my all time favorite game and the only game in 30 years of gaming that I've become emotionally invested in. Yes the ending wasn't perfect but with the EC, it's pretty dammed good now. Yes there are plot holes but so what. The Star Wars movies are chock full of plot holes and I couldn't care less.

I've got 30+ hours into my latest ME3 playthru and I'm not even to the Asari home world yet thanks to the DLC. Hard to find a game that gives that much return on investment. Worth every penny.

As for the DLC not being really relevant, I'd say Leviathan is. It's not something you have to do but it's a very big chunk of information that is very cool to know. Omega is not however. It's fun and worth the $15 I suppose but it makes not impact on the game at all aside from extra experience points and some weapon mods.

But yeah, Mass Effect is superb but it's not for everybody. I've said for a while now, if you don't get emotionally attached or invested in the characters, you probably won't care as much for the game. If you do, it'll be one of you all time greats. This is the only game I can think of where the characters, the story and the world is more important than the actual game play at least IMO.

I've easily put well over a hundred hours into the multiplayer and I've gone through the single player game through to completion including all current DLC's as they released 6 times. I've got about 12 playthroughs of ME2 and 3 of ME1. All three games are always done to completion doing every possible quest and side mission.

So I'll definitely be playing through again when the new DLC drops.

I've easily put well over a hundred hours into the multiplayer and I've gone through the single player game through to completion including all current DLC's as they released 6 times. I've got about 12 playthroughs of ME2 and 3 of ME1. All three games are always done to completion doing every possible quest and side mission.

So I'll definitely be playing through again when the new DLC drops.

Right there with ya. When I read this, I stopped my renegade fem-Shep playthru so I can wait til this hits Tuesday. My next priority mission is Thessia so lll be able to do this Citadel DLC and it'll fit pretty good. Hopefully it's a little more involved than Omega where you're just going from firefight to firefight without much story.

Right there with ya. When I read this, I stopped my renegade fem-Shep playthru so I can wait til this hits Tuesday. My next priority mission is Thessia so lll be able to do this Citadel DLC and it'll fit pretty good. Hopefully it's a little more involved than Omega where you're just going from firefight to firefight without much story.

I felt that Leviathan was pretty inventive with it's story and liked how different it was from other missions in the game. I did think it needed more combat. Omega was fun, but it was almost all combat and a lot less story. Overall I still enjoyed both.

It kind of was a Kobayashi Maru ending, and Bioware said "the end boss has been done too much, we wanted to be different", but every previous game was an end boss fight climax, so changing it from Harbinger remote controlling Illusive Man, to some derpy ghost kid was annoying, I guess they didn't want to have a repeat of the ending from the first game.

I will not buy any of the DLC until it has all been released, not going to play through one DLC at a time, as yet again I'm not getting the full story.

downer endings dont bug me or id rage at Gundam lol which is one my favorite anime

and really i get the boss in ME2 was cheesy but you know what i like a bit cheese in my games some time
you dont build up a great villain like that and not give some kind of pay off of at lest trying to take them out

They've been releasing DLC the whole time. I think there's like, 7 or 8 multiplayer DLC packs (free) and 4 or 5 single player DLC packs.

Really? Huh...I hadn't heard of any of them. Then again, after I finished the game I pretty much just uninstalled.

Looking into it, though, it looks like there's only been two SP ones with a number of missions.

Really? Huh...I hadn't heard of any of them. Then again, after I finished the game I pretty much just uninstalled.

Looking into it, though, it looks like there's only been two SP ones with a number of missions.

There was Ashes, Leviathan, Omega, Citadel....

Maybe more.

There was Ashes, Leviathan, Omega, Citadel....

Maybe more.

Nope. That's all of them. From Ashes had the Priority Eden Prime mission and added Javik and the Particle Rifle. Leviathan added a couple of previously "preorder" weapons with several missions and some dialog adjustment to the ending. Omega added no new weapons but added two temporary squadmates and several missions on Omega. Not sure what all the Citadel will bring to the table.

I'm interested to see how they lay this out, but $15 is a bit to ask for DLC, especially with how iffy Omega was. Not that Omega wasn't good, it just wasn't $15 of greatness. I liked the mods from Leviathan and the backstory that it helped build up, something that Omega just didn't do (or do as well, rather - never really been an Aria fan since you can't actually refuse her in toto and everything about her has been wrapped up in those comics/"novels"). Another $15 for a send-off sounds like another flagrant, border-line offensive grab at the audience because EA still wants more out of it. Why $15, after all? I'm not saying it should be free - this took work and I support that - but it just seems so arbitrary. I'll probably still fork out the cash for it in the end, but it just tastes a bit bitter.

Nope. That's all of them. From Ashes had the Priority Eden Prime mission and added Javik and the Particle Rifle. Leviathan added a couple of previously "preorder" weapons with several missions and some dialog adjustment to the ending. Omega added no new weapons but added two temporary squadmates and several missions on Omega. Not sure what all the Citadel will bring to the table.

If I remember right, you get a couple new weapon mods in Omega like the heavy barrel extension the increases damage more than the standard barrel extension. That may be it tho.

Back