FS: Alienware M18x-R1, 680M SLI, Samsung 250 GB SSD, 500 GB Hybrid, 16 GB Ram

5150Joker

Supreme [H]ardness
Alienware M18x-R1, 680M SLI, Samsung 256 GB SSD, 500 GB Hybrid, 16 GB Ram

Price: $2599.99 USD shipped

Condition: Used

Warranty: Yes, expires: January 2014

Reason for sale: No longer needed. Will be buying ultrabook for daily use.

Payment: PayPal, Amazon Payments, Money Order/Cashier's Check, Cash

Item location: Scottsdale, Arizona, United States

Shipping: Local pickup, Postal service, FedEx
International shipping: No
Handling time: Ships within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment

Specifications:

BONUS: WILL ADD ALIENWARE M18x ORION BACKPACK WITH IT FOR FREE!

**ORIGINAL BOX AND ACCESSORIES ARE INCLUDED!**

Decided to sell my beloved Alienware M18x-R1 and buy a light weight Sony T series 13" notebook for use at work. I love my Alienware but I almost never play games these days and since I spend most of my day on the hospital floor, I need something light and thin to carry around (might even get an Ipad instead of the Sony). So here are the specs:

CPU: Intel 2920XM QS (same OC ability as OEM).Also has the Dell triple pipe CPU heatsink that I purchased separately from Dell for added cooling.
GPU: 2 x NVIDIA 680M 4 GB SLI. These are Clevo cards that are capable of hitting 17k+ GPU in 3dmark 11 and perform flawlessly in games. Both GPUs have ICD7 + copper shims on the power regulators for maximum cooling efficiency.
DISPLAY: 18.4" 1920x1080 WLED
HDD: Samsung 830 series 256 GB SD + 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid drive.
RAM: G.Skill 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
DVD DRIVE: Standard DVD/CD burner.
Wireless: Intel 6200 wireless
Wireless HD: Wireless HD card built in
Operating System: Windows 7 Home 64-bit

The system warranty remaining is as follows:

Warranty Information
XPS Technical Support Warranty with an end date of 1/5/2014.
Next Business Day Support Warranty with an end date of1/5/2014

Since the CPU, GPU and HDD are not the original parts, they are not covered under the warranty. I do have the original HDD that I can include if needed but then I'll keep the Momentus XT so take your pick. The warranty is basically to cover any motherboard, wireless, keyboard, dvd player/burner, widi failures. I also have the original ram laying around here but I believe it is only 8 GB (I can include this for free with the sale).

The system has been very well taken care of and is in perfect shape, it has no dead pixels and it also has laptop lift bumpers on the bottom (that can be detached) which add lift for better cooling.
U7pZPv9.jpg

Lzwh3Sj.jpg

eRk2g4W.jpg

FA21dh7.jpg

2y2IFE5.jpg

m0riQtx.jpg

6sdYJS8.jpg

G77iX8Y.jpg

Last edited:
I'll toss in the hot chick wallpaper for free! :) System is available, drop me a PM if interested. This thing can keep up with top end desktops.

Good luck fellow NBR/[H] member! This is a killer machine. Nice upgrades on the gpu: pretty uncommon to see the 4gb 680ms in the m18x -- wish I had them on mine :)

The M18x-R1 is a motherfucker of a laptop. It'll destroy whatever rig you have at home. I've got an M17x R3 with an overclocked 2670QM in it and a 6870M and it kicks ass and takes names, can't imagine what this bad boy gets. Good luck with the sale from a fellow Phoenician! Let me know if you wanna do some H2H before you sell it.

The M18x-R1 is a motherfucker of a laptop. It'll destroy whatever rig you have at home. I've got an M17x R3 with an overclocked 2670QM in it and a 6870M and it kicks ass and takes names, can't imagine what this bad boy gets. Good luck with the sale from a fellow Phoenician! Let me know if you wanna do some H2H before you sell it.

Thanks for the bump fellas, it really is a lightning fast system. I added the 3DMark 11 picture in the first post for people to check out. To give a potential buyer an idea, the 4 GB 680M card alone is $800+ each and this system has two of them. The price I'm charging is far below what Dell or an eBay dealer would ask.

One more point I want to bring up, I run Tech|Inferno (portal for ThrottleStop) and one of our guys created custom vbios and unlocked system bios for the M18x. Both have been applied to this M18x so whoever picks up this beast will have all options unlocked.

The system also comes with a 3 pipe cooler for the CPU. Typically M18x-R1 ship with single or dual pipe, a buddy at Dell shipped me the 3 pipe as a courtesy so you get added cooling vs any other M18x-R1. And yeah lan party sounds good in Phoenix/Scottsdale or H2H at some cafe if you're into FPS. I'm in med school doing my clinical rotations out of Scottsdale Osborn right now.

Back