MAX_M does not sell what is advertised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneekypeet

n00b
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1746872&highlight=

In that thread the member was selling a pair of 3770K processors. He also stated that I would get a receipt with my 3770K.

When the box arrived, low and behold there is a box with a 3770 in it!
DSC06815783.jpg

That is the chip that arrived yesterday, and he is claiming he knows nothing about this.
I feel if a member is going to grossly oversell a chip that he did not even have listed correctly, maybe he shouldn't be allowed to sell at all since he doesn't even know what products he has for sale anyways!

Max has good rep. I'm sure you can work this out with him. Keep us posted.

non k is obviously incorrect. Seller needs to refund and pay for return shipping.

no just the boxed chip and some brown paper with his name on the USPS box. He talks to me about it like someone swapped out the boxes in transit!

How did you pay? Also, I would tell him about this thread and if he doesn't respond ask a mod to send him a PM.

Before you do all that I would simply ask him for a refund and see where that goes.

Disputing via Paypal as well. And in PMs I told him i would take all actions I could have access to so that I can get the right processor or my money back. In those PMs I also told him that I started this thread.

Last I got from him was that he would return to real life Saturday at 8PM.

I never had reason to flood your forums with posts. If you would like to venture over to www.techpowerup.com you can see I am an upstanding member who is trusted enough to moderate their forums (and is why I dont spend a lot of time here). Also my Heat is like almost twice his if you want to go by sales/trader rep. Either way you look at it, I got a 3770 when I paid for an advertised 3770K.

I never had reason to flood your forums with posts. If you would like to venture over to www.techpowerup.com you can see I am an upstanding member who is trusted enough to moderate their forums (and is why I dont spend a lot of time here). Also my Heat is like almost twice his if you want to go by sales/trader rep. Either way you look at it, I got a 3770 when I paid for an advertised 3770K.

I can vouch for sneekypeet- he is the man at tpu.
I always take pictures of me boxing up products, of the box it self just in case things happen- good luck and hopefully you guys can work it out.

I don't see any reason for the buyer to risk his heat/rep over trying to pull a scam as small time and troublesome as this. Think about all the trouble he would be going through to save $20-30. It would take the buyer to have purchased a brand new 3770 processor in his possession. But if he went all the way to buy a 3770 for $300, why not just spend another $30 for the 3770K instead of risking his reputation as a trader/moderator? All the trouble it would be to pull something petty like that off and sneekypeet's heatware are why I see no reason for him to lie about it.

I always take pictures of me boxing up products, of the box it self just in case things happen- good luck and hopefully you guys can work it out.

This really does nothing to prove that you shipped out the correct item. For all someone knows, you could have taken the picture of the correct item in the box and then taken it out and replaced it with something else. However, I agree with you that the evidence is conclusive to sneekypeet being the victim here.

You left him positive heat 3 days ago.... now you say you got the wrong chip?

are you guys still in contact?...whats the resolution plan here ?...

Ill let him know about this thread so that he can respond here , we need both sides

I also see that he sold 2 of these..perhaps the other buyer can chime in as to what he got.....I see that he left positive heat also.....

You left him positive heat 3 days ago.... now you say you got the wrong chip?

are you guys still in contact?...whats the resolution plan here ?...

Ill let him know about this thread so that he can respond here , we need both sides

I also see that he sold 2 of these..perhaps the other buyer can chime in as to what he got.....I see that he left positive heat also.....

sneaky added comments to the original heat saying he discovered later the cpu was a plain 3770.

yes in my rush as a reviewer at the end of the month, I saw the box, seen it was an i7 and went ahead and threw it in without paying much attention to it. I wasnt until I went to bios and tried to clock it, realizing it didnt pass a 43 multi the mistake that had been made, and that was at 4AM this morning.

Look beleive me or not, I got something completely different than what I was supposed to, excuse me for my mistake. Also if you look at that Heat Eval, I edited it and contacted support to lower the rating.

HE eventually said in his last PM that he would refund my money, but I have to ship out of pocket, and the same guy who screwed me over not paying attention to what he was selling gets the product and my loot before I even get to see if I can trust this guy?

I'm not saying my excitement and lack of detail wasn't to partially play in the HEAT eval, but had I not left that, would it matter? No I still have a 3770 when I was sold a 3770K.

Funny thing is you all take his side, yet I am showing proof that I did not get what I was sold, he was only able to come up with a scrreenshot of buying the proc from MC with a mobo (like that is proof), the same image that was in the thread (by the way there weren't two images for both procs) yet the buyer is on trial when he gets screwed over by someone who obviously don't know what he is selling, trying to run a scam, or was taken at MC. Either way it is not my issue, and I just love the way you bash the guy in trouble instead of trying to rectify the real issue here.

Also him being fully aware that I started this thread and his avoidance of it should say enough about this guys character in my book. If I had this sort of thing going on about me, I would stand tall and make sure my name wasn't being sullied.

Last edited:
Calm down. Everyone isn't bashing you. In this deal mistakes were made on both sides. He shipped the wrong proc and you didn't pay attention when you received it. That doesn't excuse his mistake, but I'm surprised someone with your trading history made such a simple mistake and I'm surprised he made a mistake like that as well.

Think about it. Why would he want to ruin his rep for just a few bucks and those blaming you need to think about it considering your rep as well. Both of you should chalk this up to the stars aligning in a bad way and get this straight without a big argument.

I hope this gets worked out in agreeable terms to both of you.

yes in my rush as a reviewer at the end of the month, I saw the box, seen it was an i7 and went ahead and threw it in without paying much attention to it. I wasnt until I went to bios and tried to clock it, realizing it didnt pass a 43 multi the mistake that had been made, and that was at 4AM this morning.

Look beleive me or not, I got something completely different than what I was supposed to, excuse me for my mistake. Also if you look at that Heat Eval, I edited it and contacted support to lower the rating.

HE eventually said in his last PM that he would refund my money, but I have to ship out of pocket, and the same guy who screwed me over not paying attention to what he was selling gets the product and my loot before I even get to see if I can trust this guy?

I'm not saying my excitement and lack of detail wasn't to partially play in the HEAT eval, but had I not left that, would it matter? No I still have a 3770 when I was sold a 3770K.

Funny thing is you all take his side, yet I am showing proof that I did not get what I was sold, he was only able to come up with a scrreenshot of buying the proc from MC with a mobo (like that is proof), the same image that was in the thread (by the way there weren't two images for both procs) yet the buyer is on trial when he gets screwed over by someone who obviously don't know what he is selling, trying to run a scam, or was taken at MC. Either way it is not my issue, and I just love the way you bash the guy in trouble instead of trying to rectify the real issue here.

that's the way it seems on [H], I would take a screen shot of his f/s thread just in case he edits it and hopefully you paid with paypal and file a claim.

You should be refund the full amount and the cost of shipping back to seller. This is 100% seller fault. I don't get how you can sell a cpu and not know exactly what it is.

Also it seems kind of shady that he has pictures of his other items for sale but doesn't have any for the CPU.

sneeky, while lurking in the thread here, I notice that you have several people trying to defend you. Right now, I'm leaning in your direction myself, although I'd like to hear MAX_M's side of things as well, so that I can have a fairly informed opinion.

FWIW, people do make mistakes -- I've done some doozies myself, including giving someone the wrong email address for paypal once (I have two addresses, only one of which works with paypal) -- so it's possible that this is an honest mistake where he thought he saw a K, and it was all in his head. Quite honestly, I'd like to assume that's the case.

Just sayin'.

EDIT: gotendbz1 -- there are a lot of people on this forum who I see take down pictures of an item once it's out the door. It's not anything of significance here, just a common practice. (It does get on my nerves, sometimes, but that's for another thread I think ;) )

sneekypeet Im not taking sides , I'm just trying to understand what happened....Ive sent the other buyer a PM asking him to verify what he got, I also sent MAX_M a PM asking him to weigh in ....

I realize people make mistakes, but he stated in PMs I was mistaken, gave crap as proof that he sent me a 3770K, didnt sell me what I bought, nor does the guy include the receipt. This is borderline neglect rather than a mistake.

If he could show me real proof that the post man somehow swapped my chip, I might believe him, but his angle that he sent a 3770K and he is damn sure he included the receipt with a 3770K, and when I open the box its a 3770 and no receipt, either he screwed me over or Harry Potter intercepted the package.

At this point since everyone is basing logic on reputation and heatware, I say this.
Dude sends me the loot and a prepaid shipping label and I will send him his proc back! I have more heat, why shouldn't I get the benefit of the doubt here? Why should the same guy who screwed someone over get the product and the loot? Then I would be completely ass out (excuse my french)!

Last edited:
OP, I hope you have opened a paypal dispute, and can get this resolved ASAP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...I've had deals with Max before without any issues. I'd like to assume that he'd fix the issue at hand. Him arguing over what you received is odd though...

Just a reminder from TTT sticky

If you wish to contribute to someone else's thread, please consider carefully whether your post will answer the thread starters question, or help them resolve their trading problem. If you do not have first hand information concerning a situation, or useful/relevant information DO NOT POST.

Lets not fill this thread up with irrelevant information....it wont help either party involved

Could be Max_M got ripped off himself :D

In my opion, either Max_M sends the right chip to sneaky + cover shipping fee - or sends full refund + shipping fee for sneaky.

When I had business with Max_M, I stated clearly that the chip is "PM for details" - pretty well known for [H] as "extra spicey". Once he received the combo and contacted me that the chip is NOT retailed, then asked for return.

I accepted - even I could denied ;) --- and sent refund + return shipping fee.

I apologize for my comment - I wasn't trying to troll or anything. It's hard to take sides these days. I hope that everything gets resolved, maybe this was a huge misunderstanding. I also find it odd that MAX_M hasn't posted here yet.

I've dealt with MAX_M before, in multiples of 1,000 $$$. No problems. He also seemed like he was a busy guy. I'm sure he'll post here at some point, when he can.

I am the other buyer, I will double check my box for OP when i get home im 15min, its still unopened, but Im pretty sure it is a 3770k.

Mine is a 3770k from MAX_M, see for yourselves:

b6dgcl.jpg

i4jmog.jpg

I'll also state that for me, his communication was excellent, I had 0 issues with him, and thanked him even for doing business with myself since I am established on Overclockers.com private classies, but not here. Perhaps it's something he missed by accident, I don't know, but my product was-as described in his FS post.

Well at least he held up to his talk with you. Congratulations.

Still doesn't help solve my issue though. Unless you want to trade chips.

On a completely different note, the Batch of your processor isn't even what he described in PM or the thread as having...lol The batch that was listed in the thread were 3232A635. As I say, does he even know what he actually has?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/p1000666r.jpg/
That is what i was told we were getting! and is the image from his FS thread.

Last edited:
Perhaps that was simply 1 of the 3, thus the batch difference, I don't know. I'm just speculating, but it could even be that at MicroCenter he was given 2 3770k's and a 3770, without noticing.

Hopefully he responds to you.

I agree he could have gotten mixed up at MC. Just saying I knew of only two chips he said he had, and in the same breath mentioned the batches. Neither of us got what we were advertised to get is my point, even though you at least got a K.

Money has been refunded.

That what I'm sells, I didn't dealing with non "K" CPUs. at this point: http://imageshack.us/a/img713/7681/p1000666r.jpg

Money received on 02/25/13 17:14:21 PST

I walked to MC store: 02/26/2013 11:47AM: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7281/image2pvj.jpg

Then I have ship it out 02/26/13 1:18PM. USPS: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1231/image3nt.jpg

And money refunded on 03/01/13 http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6694/99971065.jpg

I think that will be enough.
best regards to all [H] members.

Last edited:
Based on the receipt it looks like MC charged for a 3770k but instead gave him a 3770. Still find it odd that Max didn't notice the glaring lack of a "K" but we all overlook things from time to time.

Either way, he made right and that's good enough for me!

Yeah, looks like he never realized he got a 3770 non-K. Like I said in my previous post this was a huge misundertstanding. :)

It sux for Max. I really believe MC screwed him over on this one.

I think when he gets the cpu back take to mc and explain the issue, as its unopened

I think when he gets the cpu back take to mc and explain the issue, as its unopened

No, it's been opened and installed. Sneeky noticed it wasn't a K when he couldn't change the multi.

All I can add is this:
Mistakes happen, and two good traders should be able to work out it, which appears to be happening.

Also, I can verify 100% that MC will give you the wrong chip at times, since it happened to my brother.
(In his case, he got the better end of the deal; leave it at that :)

If I dont bring the parts up to the register myself, I always check them when the employee goes to grab them and brings them to me.

As Volkswagen has stated, I can also vouch for Sneeky as well. I have had many transactions with him in the past. Both as a buyer and seller as you can find in his Heatware.
I would trust him without issues. In fact I trust Sneeky enough that I would send him a product before getting paid!!

On the other hand I have worked with Max_M in the past as well and it was a perfect transaction. I would not hesitate buying from him again in the future.

Thank you guys, I always open to resolve any problem as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back