Per user remote desktop in win 7 pro

runs2far

Gawd
I am used to using Nomachine NX on Linux to have to option of changing stuff without logging the user out or hijacking the active desktop session.

Now I have to do the same with a Windows 7 pro computer as the server.
Unfortunately only the NX client is free for windows and everything else cost a fortune.

Is there any cheap or free software similar to Nomachine out there?

I know about a lot of VNC based remote desktop programs, but last I used these they just hijacked the active desktop and I do not want to do this.

Windows client operating systems only allow one user to be logged in and active at one time. Hacking the termserv dll files will work, but if you would be breaking the EULA. Probably not a big deal if you're just playing around at home, but if you're doing this for a business, I would be careful.

As demon said, hacking it is a violation of the EULA - "if you want to use concurrent RDP sessions, you need to buy a Windows server product"

However, there are already several guides from reputable websites with information on just what you're looking for - a concurrent RDP patcher . This post has been created for educational purposes only

OK. Lovely to see you guys covering your behind.

That is one stupid limitation to put into an OS.
I do not see any reason why MS would fear losing sales from allowing this sort of thing in the standard remote desktop setup.

Oh well, guess I have to chalk it up as another reason why Linux is better than Windows.

i'm sure if you google something along the lines of multiple concurrent sessions you'll find something, but the license you bought for windows 7 only covers one session at a time and that, is that.

Back