AC4 - pirate theme - rumors

As long as they don't make it like some of the Assasins creeds where falling in the water is instant death... That would be very very annoying. :D

As long as they don't make it like some of the Assasins creeds where falling in the water is instant death... That would be very very annoying. :D

i think it will be more like, you murder half the town, then jump off a dock, and they all stop chasing you scratch their heads and walk back saying, " it must have been my imagination."

Now we're talking. I'm almost sure that the bad guys will also incorporate ninjas!

Assassin's Creed + Pirates of the Caribbean = would be a dream come true :D

This might work well, if not b0rked on the development side....... Not that that would ever happen, eh Ubisoft?

Could be interesting, but maybe too similar to AC3? I know they can’t reinvent the series year after year, but I think I’d prefer making it like Revelations and Brotherhood instead of calling it AC4.
I still like the games and the series, but toward the end of 3 I started getting a little bored. I think it’s probably time to completely re-do the fighting mechanics.

I never liked the mini games in the AC games. Revelations roof top commanding and ships at sea just didn't seem like AC to me. I would prefer a more urban actual going through building and stuff than commanding big scenes. AC2 is till my favorite as far as story goes. Brotherhood next in line due to better fight mechanics.

Could be interesting, but maybe too similar to AC3? I know they can’t reinvent the series year after year, but I think I’d prefer making it like Revelations and Brotherhood instead of calling it AC4.
I still like the games and the series, but toward the end of 3 I started getting a little bored. I think it’s probably time to completely re-do the fighting mechanics.

I think more user control over the weapons. Kinda like when the easports NHL series added the stick control.

Most likely the jump to AC4 so quick is because of the nextgen consoles.

I think more user control over the weapons. Kinda like when the easports NHL series added the stick control.

Most likely the jump to AC4 so quick is because of the nextgen consoles.

Yeah, I'm thinking pretty much anything so most battles don't consist of you just playing the wait/counter game irregardless of what weapon you're using. In most cases you just counter the first guy and then start "pulling a Batman" and 1-shot executing everyone else in sight.
They should differentiate the weapons on bring back the frame-kill where you're actually rewarded for taking the first swing if your timing is good.
It's hard to take any of the story seriously when you just killed 75 people single handedly and are mysteriously now afraid of a random guard.

I loved AC3 but Connor was pretty boring with no personality...the game was amazing despite Connor...looking forward to AC4 and a main character with a personality closer to Ezio

But I thought Ubi hates pirates?

Now pirates are going to pirate while they pirate.

Really Ubi? Really? AC3 is a couple of months old and you are already poised to release another sequel? Is there any hope of ever reaching a final narrative conclusion or are you going to string this franchise out for perpetuity? I guess $$ will always trump integrity in story telling.

Well they suck.

How shit should have gone down...

assassinscreedchinaart1192912212.jpeg

eb0f4b33938bde4dcc6e6fd89da0f6a6.jpg

So it seems it won't actually be a "sequel" to Ac3 actually, I mean with how AC3 ended, a lot of people were curious where the story would go (with Desmond, etc) and it seems this game will be a prequel so they don't have to come up with that yet.

The Naval Aspect of Ac3 was great, but I was hoping they'd take that technology and go full fledged into an open world pirate game, where you can align yourself with countries, be a privater, pirate, roam the seas and all sorts of things. Buy (or capture) new ships, outfit them, customize them, hire your own crew and they all level up (think like X-com).

Making it into another AC game it iwll likely not be as open.

So it seems it won't actually be a "sequel" to Ac3 actually, I mean with how AC3 ended, a lot of people were curious where the story would go (with Desmond, etc) and it seems this game will be a prequel so they don't have to come up with that yet.

The Naval Aspect of Ac3 was great, but I was hoping they'd take that technology and go full fledged into an open world pirate game, where you can align yourself with countries, be a privater, pirate, roam the seas and all sorts of things. Buy (or capture) new ships, outfit them, customize them, hire your own crew and they all level up (think like X-com).

Making it into another AC game it iwll likely not be as open.

Exactly...I was hoping for a worthy successor to Pirates! Or Cutthroates, or the Age of Sail. Such game would be absolutely epic.

sucks that Ubisoft is once again delaying the PC version...I thought they stopped that crap with the last game...now it looks like PC users won't see the game until the end of December or more likely early 2014

Where did you see this?

From what I read a few months back the PC version was just delayed for a "few weeks" behind the Oct 29th release date, so mid'ish November most likely.

Where did you see this?

From what I read a few months back the PC version was just delayed for a "few weeks" behind the Oct 29th release date, so mid'ish November most likely.

I forgot where I read it but Amazon shows a late December release date (even though it's probably just a placeholder)...AC3 was released 3 weeks later on PC but I could have sworn it was the same date as consoles...why they continue to do this makes no sense...the PC and console market are 2 separate entities and one will not take away sales from the other

I just wish Ubisoft would try something out there.

I know the AC games have been focused on historical settings and rich in history of our world , however I'd like to see them given some freedom and let them create their own "futuristic" world (which makes complete sense if you playeld AC3 and beat it).

A kind of like dystopian Blade Runner'ish setting or something, would be amazing if done right and certainly something people wouldn't expect from the series.

Back