BenQ XLT2420T or 2 more SyncMaster PX2370s?

jmusso

n00b
So, I'm currently debating upgrading my display situation. I've got a Samsung SyncMaster PX2370 right now and it's okay. No big complaints, but I'm thinking about moving either towards a 2D Surround set-up, or springing for the BenQ in the OP title for its 120hz - so I can haz those FPS. If I went for the nVidia Surround, I'd obviously want to buy two more of the same monitor. As fate would have it, I can get refurbed models of my Sammy for $195 a piece, and the BenQ I'm weighing them against is $390.

What do you guys think? I'm running an EVGA GTX 680 reference card with an Intel i5 2500 (no K!) at 3.3ghz. I'm fairly sure from what I've read that for gaming, I'll be able to get at least 60fps on the Surround setup with most games still maxed out. My goal with either set-up is obviously first to ensure smooth frame rates in all current-gen PC games (at least 60fps), and secondly in the case of the BenQ to try and get as close to 120 in games as possible.

What should I do?

I owned a PX2370 and the color shift in that monitor was terrible. Otherwise, it was a good monitor. Knowing that it looks so bad from almost every viewing angle including head on (the top is clearly a different shade than the bottom) I doubt you would want 2 more of them in surround. I think it would make things look worse and you'd be better off getting a single 120hz monitor. Good luck.

Back