Facebook Creep of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Whether or not you like Facebook, it sure is a great tool for catching creeps like this. :cool:

A veteran New Jersey high school teacher from New York has been accused of contacting a student through Facebook and offering that student cash in exchange for sexual acts. Prosecutors said Weir contacted the student through Facebook instant messaging and offered the student $50 for a sexual encounter

criminals were smarter when Facebook and cell phones didn't exist...now you have people texting and leaving instant messages which directly implicate themselves in crimes...makes prosecuting them much easier I guess

He low-balled a princess. If he offered $5,000 no one would have heard a peep about this.

According to the story, the student was a male. These days, it shouldn’t make any difference. The age of the student probably matters though.

Only one letter away from being Mr Weird, oh well have a fun 40 years in prison for being f#@king weird.

What's that saying about the intarnats? Where the males are males, females are males, and children are the FBI?

It's a good thing pedos are stupid enough to leave a digital finger print. Once facebook has your shit, your shit is theirs.

VhedfHZ.png

Doesn't your high school go up to 18 years?

Not sure about where you are (UK given your name...?) but in the U.S. high schoolers only typically turn 18 in their final year of high school, so the vast majority are under 18.

This is the feel-good Facebook story we all have been waiting for. Sort of.

Even if the kid was 18, the teacher was abusing his position of authority and deserves to be severely punished. Castrate the scum.

Interesting that the going rate for a sexual act is just $50 if done from a thug/ghetto school like Patterson, NJ. Too bad the parents interviewed in that video clip didn't go to school. ("Don't trust nobody." :rolleyes: )

Who the f would be facebook friends with their teacher? Makes you wonder if the kid didn't like the teacher, and initiated the proposal offline.

What exactly did he do wrong?

Nothing.

No physical encounter happened. To equate a Facebook message with "Attempted Sexual Assault" is absurd in the extreme but is fairly typical of puritanical america. In addition, pretty much everyone in High School knows about the "birds and the bees" (and, if they don't, I feel sorry for them) and they are old enough to know the consequences as such. We are not talking about little children but teenagers.

What he did may have been creepy, and yes, he should probably loose his job over it since it is a conflict of interest to have teachers sleeping with students but I see nothing that would justify the use of force against him here; particularly to give him a 40 year sentence in the industrial-prison complex which is higher than most murderers.

what, not a hot female teacher?
no wonder.
If I were back in high school, hot teacher + $50 = let's bang

Doesn't your high school go up to 18 years?

Yes though many states have child endangerment provisions that specifically include an 18 year old student when the teacher is the aggressor.

Nothing.

No physical encounter happened. To equate a Facebook message with "Attempted Sexual Assault" is absurd in the extreme but is fairly typical of puritanical america. In addition, pretty much everyone in High School knows about the "birds and the bees" (and, if they don't, I feel sorry for them) and they are old enough to know the consequences as such. We are not talking about little children but teenagers.

What he did may have been creepy, and yes, he should probably loose his job over it since it is a conflict of interest to have teachers sleeping with students but I see nothing that would justify the use of force against him here; particularly to give him a 40 year sentence in the industrial-prison complex which is higher than most murderers.

Is the 40 year sentence excessive? Yep.

Is soliciting a minor student for prostitution "nothing?" Not in this world.

Is the 40 year sentence excessive? Yep.

Is soliciting a minor student for prostitution "nothing?" Not in this world.

A person should be able to sell their body if they want to.

The right to self-ownership is one of the most fundamental human rights and cannot be overridden by any aggressor, state or otherwise.

I reject the notion that anyone below the age of 18 is automatically incapable of making their own decisions. Such artificially high age restrictions are designed to allow the state to control people's lives for longer and to force them into more schooling so that they can be indoctrinated.

Age of consent is 14 where I live. It is realistic and honest. Everyone wants some action way before that anyway :)

Interestingly enough, most people think it's actually 16 or even 18 and insist it can't be true. Cool topic to troll people as pretty much all of them feel obliged to point out how wrong it is and start teaching you morals :D

Double standards to the max.

A person should be able to sell their body if they want to.

The right to self-ownership is one of the most fundamental human rights and cannot be overridden by any aggressor, state or otherwise.

I reject the notion that anyone below the age of 18 is automatically incapable of making their own decisions. Such artificially high age restrictions are designed to allow the state to control people's lives for longer and to force them into more schooling so that they can be indoctrinated.

"Artificially high age restrictions?" 18 is artificially high? Is 12 a better number for you?
If there's grass on the field, play ball. If not, scrimage?

I know someone that that went to prison for 8 years because he was 18 and she was 16. It was consentual but her father found out, and being a county judge, threw the book at him. Racisim was part of this instance but there are definately issues with the law when both parties are within 2 years apart.

But this guy? A school teacher soliciting a student? That is complete abuse of power and trust.

Back