The PS4 Announcement In Three and a Half Minutes

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you sat through the entire two hour PS4 pseudo launch last night, this condensed version will make you laugh. A few f-bombs make the language NSFW, so strap on the headphones or turn your volume down a bit before hitting play. :D

I really hate the vogue for prerendered/scripted/cutscenes to show off an upcoming game.

I really hate the vogue for prerendered/scripted/cutscenes to show off an upcoming game.

There was a dude off to the side of the stage playing the Killzone demo if you noticed the light bar on the controller showing a green color when the lights dimmed before it started. He was pretty horrible at it, sometimes shooting at nothing. Probably because he was using a controller.....

"We don't want anything to get between you and ... the game."
"Here's some stuff that gets between you and ... the game."

This is how every press event should be covered.

omg yes, I was waiting for this.
the ones from e3 last year were absolutely hilarious, especially the EA one, oh man.

the ps4 press event was 2 hours?
I turned that shit off 15 minutes in. It wasn't grabbing my attention.

That comment about the dude's face looking like it was rendered in UE3 is spot on.

Those are some of the most awkward presenters I've seen in recent times. After watching these guys, I wouldn't want to buy a PS4

If that doesn't sell PS4's, nothing will. Still don't want one tho. Good commercial :)

ps4 is going to be a giant fail. I can already see the sepiku platforms being erected.

This is the PS4 presentation to a T.

Its funny because its true. :D

Worst fucken presentation ever. All they showed were a bunch of games that can be played on the current PS3 and pre-rendered videos of what it can potentially look like. They showed off the controller, but at least turn the damn thing on so we can see how it functions. Vita and Move are pretty much dead on arrival and this is a poor attempt at trying to revive a flatliner. 2 hours wasted and no picture of a console...

I was disappointed watching it last night. Everything seemed like a tech demo, especially Killzone! I mean who moves around that slow in real time? I'd be doing fast look around and stuff, ya know like they say... know your surroundings.

FPS drops everywhere!

The hardware is impressive but not the software. Nothing looked fun to play to me. Am I the only one that thinks there is too much focus on Social ability over just good old Single Player? Like they don't even want to try anymore. I only have COD to blame :(

When does Microsoft release their torrent of pre-rendered game video demos for the next xbox?

This fuckin' video almost killed me. This was some good shit right there. Got tears in my eyes, I was laughing so damn much. Oh man, laughing hurts.

Oh come on, plenty of people will buy it, just not the ones reading this site. Lots of 6 year olds are turning 7, and 8, and 9...

I look forward to it. I use my ps3 for watching tv/movies/streaming/dlna/youtube from my couch more than gaming, but sometimes I do prefer my 60 inch tv, hooked up to the best audio system in the house. I could hook up my pc to it yes, but I like my eyefinity 3x1 on my desk.

And honestly, people act like graphics are changing sooooo much from generation to generation. When you are at 1080p on your tv with all the bells and whistles, sitting on your couch, it looks pretty damn good. There's not a lot of room for 'paradigm shifting advancements" to happen in 2d graphics, like the days of when PC and Mac were monochrome and Amiga come out with 4096 colors

I remember playing pong... hours of entertainment... boy we are spoiled these days. lol. that damn 8 core 2 teraflop supercomputer in a plastic box, *yawn* lol

That was the best recap of a presentation I have seen in quite a while! Direct and to the point! Love it!

I think the only thing that made me semi-curious about the event was when I glanced at the live blog and saw blizzards logo, but that turned out exactly as this video summed it up as:

"OMG IT'S BLIZZARD!.....oh it's just Diablo"

I think the only thing that made me semi-curious about the event was when I glanced at the live blog and saw blizzards logo, but that turned out exactly as this video summed it up as:

"OMG IT'S BLIZZARD!.....oh it's just Diablo"

Hah, that part made me laugh the most.

I'm looking forward to the next gen consoles. I'll always be both a PC and console gamer as long as they're both around, most likely.

Back