PS4 Will Be Out This November?

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you that can't wait for Sony's event later this evening, here are a few more PS4 rumors for you, including a shipping date and pricing info. At $429 and $529 let's hope these rumors are way off. :eek:

Our source—the same reliable source who back in early 2012 told us the codename for Sony's next console and the codename for Microsoft's next console—tells us that there are two models planned for the new machine, and that pricing won't be announced until later this year, possibly around E3. The current plan, our source says, is to release them at $429 and $529, but that could change.

The $429 and $529 are a conversion from Yen or Euros. It’s more likely $399.99 and $499.99 in the states.

I'd say it's a sure bet it's going to happen this November at $399 and $499 price points.

I'm just going to guess these come in at $699 and $799 on release.
In the past, It seems like every step up in consoles, they feel the need to raise the cost. So why stop now.

In the past, It seems like every step up in consoles, they feel the need to raise the cost. So why stop now.

I guarantee you that won't happen.

Didn't the PS3 launch at 499 and 599 ... the 429 and 529 numbers sound pretty reasonable for launch prices :confused: ... usually it takes a year or more for manufacturing improvements and economy of scale to drive down pricing ... also, if they launch at 399 or less then a Steam Box is dead on arrival since a 399 pc solution wouldn't be very pc-like (remember netbooks ;) ) ... or were you wanting higher prices to open the window for the Steambox :cool:

Because it looks like it's strangling their PS Vita to death.

529 aint bad, still got tons of play money if i bought one. :D

Wonder who would buy it for that much, at that price point one could build a fairly capable gaming PC.

I hope otheros will be included again so they can take it away again

Well , the price will be at least high enough to suffer that first price drop . I'm sure phony will come in guns a blazing with "we can do this and we can do that" bullshit and fail to comprehend at the end of the as it always is, about the games .

Not interested in consoles unless they come with keyboard and mouse support AND plays games at 60fps at 1080p (not the upscaled 720p crap the current consoles have been doing for 5 years).

Tired of listening to friends banging on about how great FPS games are with a controller. I'd love to quietly log into a game with them and show them what a good KB+M player can actually do.

Neither of those things I want will happen though.

People that don't see the merits on both sides of this stupid "elitist" fence are the idiots.

I suspect they might not release pricing tonight anyway ... their physical design and capabilities are pretty much locked in at this point (as are their competitors) so they don't get a big penalty from announcing that ... pricing is a whole different ballgame and depends on if they launch simultaneously or at different times and whether they face a competitor like the Steambox or not

whoever launches first gets to charge more and drop their price to hurt their competitor's launch ... if the Steambox launches they might be willing to take a loss on their console to kill a potential competitor by undercutting their price ... I think all we will get tonight is approximate timing for launch and a feel for the design and capabilities ;)

People that don't see the merits on both sides of this stupid "elitist" fence are the idiots.

I feel like the only person on the planet who can pick up a KB/M or controller and just simply enjoy the game. Crazy I know!

I love the fact the wife and I can sit on the couch, controllers in hand and play Borderlands 2 split-screen on the big TV.

I'll know if $429 to $529 is acceptable for me when we find out what the PS4 really is hardware wise. We've all heard the rumors that range from it being an incremental upgrade all the way to being 10x times more powerful. I'd be happy to pay $500 if it lasts as long as my PS3 has and a significant hardware upgrade.

If it's backwards-compatible with PS3 games (maybe even PS2? Probably not, though) I might get one eventually. Been pretty happy with my PS3 even though I don't use it nearly as much as my PC.

I love consoles, Genesis, PS1, PS2. But this whole xbox live online thing that you need to subscribe to just to play online pretty much kills it for me. And if the rumors are true, even Playstation 4 will go down that path.

Sometimes there are certain factor that is unacceptable for some of us. I don't see myself paying Microsoft (imagine if they did it for Windows) every month on top of whatever games I'm playing, no matter how attractive their game library may be.

Depending on the specs and game lineup, I might be in line for a $499 console. If it's just mediocre, I'll wait 6 months to a year for some awesome games and a price drop.

I'm a PC gamer, but consoles are still quick fun. Put away your super high quality, high resolution goggles for a bit, and play some really nice, kick ass games. I love eye candy, but I love games more. I play games to have fun, and a few lower quality textures or less grass in a field is ok for me. Keyboard/Mouse? Yea, I prefer them and am a lot better using them, but I don't mind a controller one bit.

PS4 vs. New Xbox is about to get real. It's going to be nice to see these two throw some real punches.

I actually wish it was a $1000+ powerhouse, that way the industry could weed out the lazies and the gameflys and actually recover! How many cod faggots could afford 1000 console and 100 games? Not to mention for only 8 hours of gameplay?!

If you cant afford a piddly fuck 500 for a game console, then gaming isnt for you. Feel free to save your money and enjoy it from a far. You arent entitled to own a new console.
I like cars. I would love an exotic, but I can't afford one. Do I bitch about how expensive they are? No, because that would make me look like a fucking jackass.

Bring on more expensive hardware! Push the ignorant masses back to watching television for entertainment!

I love consoles, Genesis, PS1, PS2. But this whole xbox live online thing that you need to subscribe to just to play online pretty much kills it for me. And if the rumors are true, even Playstation 4 will go down that path.

Sometimes there are certain factor that is unacceptable for some of us. I don't see myself paying Microsoft (imagine if they did it for Windows) every month on top of whatever games I'm playing, no matter how attractive their game library may be.

All the rumors say online is free for PS4. They are keeping with the PS+ like extras if you want to pay for them.

I actually wish it was a $1000+ powerhouse, that way the industry could weed out the lazies and the gameflys and actually recover! How many cod faggots could afford 1000 console and 100 games? Not to mention for only 8 hours of gameplay?!

Bring on more expensive hardware! Push the ignorant masses back to watching television for entertainment!

Stupid SNES/Genesis ignorant fuckers. Neo Geo for the fucking real gamers!

If you cant afford a piddly fuck 500 for a game console, then gaming isnt for you. Feel free to save your money and enjoy it from a far. You arent entitled to own a new console.
I like cars. I would love an exotic, but I can't afford one. Do I bitch about how expensive they are? No, because that would make me look like a fucking jackass.

That would have the exact opposite effect. It would mean fewer sales for developers meaning less likely to take chances for new IPs. (More so than even now) We'd see even more CoD like games, Assassin’s Creed XXIII and Madden 20XX

Not really surprised about the price. If they want to build something with any reasonable amount of power it's going to have a $400-$500 price tag.

Gamers that don't know how to build a gaming PC. There are many of them.

How about just buying one instead? For example IBuyPowers new Revolt.

For $650 you get a i5-3350P and a NVIDIA GeForce® GTX650 1GB. Plus other stuff. It's also small and sleek enough to hook up to your HDTV.

Intel® Core™ i5-3350P Processor
4GB DDR3-1600 High Performance Memory
NVIDIA GeForce® GTX650 1GB
ASRock B75M-ITX USB3.0/SATA-III MB
500GB 7200rpm SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive
SONY Slim Slot DVDRW
Windows 8 + Office 2010 Trial

pc1Img.png

Mind you they do have a $500 version but probably not worth getting. Also, as always, you can build a PC yourself to get better results. But this is perfect for the PC challenged. I can also assure you that whatever Sony or Microsoft is building, won't be more powerful then that as well.

Well, considering most of the world pays in the $500 range for a smart phone ... and tablets are doing well in the $300-500 range ... and laptops sell well in the $500-750 range ... I don't see any reason why a video game can't do well in the $500-600 range ... I think consumers are just getting lazy ... they want to skip the early adopter phase and jump right into mass consumption ...

of course, if they truly do want that they need to be ready for the real price (fewer features and less complexity so that there is less debug needed and better hardware profitability) ... in electronics the early adopter phase is still pretty useful ... there is always someone willing to buy your product at launch, no matter how bug ridden and no matter how expensive ... they help weed out mistakes and give the manufacturers time to improve their processes so they can make profits (no profits, no shiny new toys from that producer anymore ;) )

I think this is a symptom of the new mobile electronics world where we expect companies to launch a new phone every 12 months at the same price with more features ... that model just doesn't fly for video games, in my opinion

I'm a PC gamer, but consoles are still quick fun. Put away your super high quality, high resolution goggles for a bit, and play some really nice, kick ass games. I love eye candy, but I love games more. I play games to have fun, and a few lower quality textures or less grass in a field is ok for me. Keyboard/Mouse? Yea, I prefer them and am a lot better using them, but I don't mind a controller one bit.

I am in the same camp you are in. I love my PC gaming but I also heavily enjoy my XBOX gaming. Also while I'm on my leisure, I enjoy my tablet gaming. This must be what Heaven is like. I get to play any kind of game that I want with vastly different experiences across the board. My first video game ever was super mario brothers / duck hunt combo. Sorry haters but video games are amazing nowadays.

That would have the exact opposite effect. It would mean fewer sales for developers meaning less likely to take chances for new IPs. (More so than even now) We'd see even more CoD like games, Assassin’s Creed XXIII and Madden 20XX

I can see your point. I just wish there was a way to push the worthless turds out of the hobby before the only thing we can play is some variant of fruit ninja cod wiggle waggle family game.

Not one bit interested in this, though I'll follow it just because. Playstation as a brand has been "played out" to me for quite some time. But then again I'm a pc guy.:D

Those aren't "gamers". Those are "lazies" and "retards".

Most of the world is lazy, go to walmart and see all the people who are too lazy to walk, so they ride in rascal scooters.. Do you really think people have the interest in building PC's?

Most of the world is lazy, go to walmart and see all the people who are too lazy to walk, so they ride in rascal scooters.. Do you really think people have the interest in building PC's?

Welp, "most of the world" needs to leave gaming to the hobbyists who appreciate it.

Especially with the announcement that pretty much "Everything will cost additional funds online" with the PS4 and next gen in general, it only makes me even more annoyed that consoles haven't just plain died yet. They're money-sinks, crippled PCs that you pay (excessively) for the right to access, but you don't really own; everything is on the terms of some 3rd party that completely controls the hardware and the software. Don't like PSN or XLive and wish to play online? Too damn bad, you don't have any other options. Gaming is held hostage by expensive, proprietary garbage platforms designed to keep you opening your wallet and submitting to "approved" usage only, under threat of hardware ban.

Consoles are no longer necessary, and I'd much rather every single developer release their titles for PC, out from under the yolk of console manufacturer control. There's no technical reason not to do so and it would ultimately mean better experiences and value for players and developers alike. I can guarantee that without feeling "we HAVE to buy X console to play Y game/game type", there would be little to tie players to the restrictive console experience. Some may say "but what about the console plug-and-play experience?", but that could easily be taken care of by an increase in small form factor HTPCs on the hardware side, and software with "living room friendly UIs" like Steam's The Big Picture. The modern console business model has become poisonous, player unfriendly, and stifles the industry.

Wasn't the PS3 some ungodly price like $700 when it came out? Why are people so shocked that it could be as high as $530+?

Wasn't the PS3 some ungodly price like $700 when it came out? Why are people so shocked that it could be as high as $530+?

$600, and nobody bought it until the priced dropped rapidly. The reason the PS4 is cheaper is because there's no PS3 compatibility like the original PS3 models had.

Why would anyone buy a ps4?

Unless you really love sony exclusives I see no point.

Back