Bioshock Infinite: Lamb of Columbia Trailer

Doesn't look like much of a game to me. Nice music, though.

Reminds me of the tone the trailer for Batman:AC with the "No Heroes" set.

I agree, Steve. This got wanting the game.

Why the hell are they calling this 'Bioshock', though? It's not the same story, or the same setting, none of the same characters, it even has a completely different art style...the mind boggles.

Why the hell are they calling this 'Bioshock', though? It's not the same story, or the same setting, none of the same characters, it even has a completely different art style...the mind boggles.
We live in the Second Great Age of Brand Names.

It explores a variation of the same theme, man egotistically tampering with himself, life, and society. The games reveal the consequences thereof. You could call those consequences "shock".

Different ideologies and technologies, but Rapture and Columbia come from the same place.

It explores a variation of the same theme, man egotistically tampering with himself, life, and society. The games reveal the consequences thereof. You could call those consequences "shock".

Different ideologies and technologies, but Rapture and Columbia come from the same place.

Hey, like the scrawled blood says,
sshock2d.jpg

I would echo the sentiment "God I hope this game is good" but at this point I don't think Irrational will let me down. I know I'm being overly optimistic, but I've been stingy with videogame optimism for about 5 years and I'm once again ready to actually get excited about something.

This is one of those games I will have to try before I buy. Even though Bishock 1 and 2 were ridiculously highly rated I could not come to love, or finish them. I dont think I can spend any money on games like this without knowing for certain that I will play it past the first 1 or 2 hours.

Yeah, not sure I'm gonna dig this. Looks to me like it's drifting towards the dreaded FPS type game, of which I am thoroughly tired of.

These story trailers all look great but the gameplay looks like ass.

I'll add that I was personally never a fan of Bioshock.

As with the other Bioshock games, I seem to be on a delayed reaction timer. 2 months after the game comes out I'll inexplicably suddenly have the desire to buy the game.

And I did enjoy both previous Bioshock games, and the second System Shock.

I really liked the trailer, well done. I really, really hope the game lives up to it.

i watched my son play the first one on his xbox, was not impressed. i might play them one day. like metro 2033, i paid 4.99 on steam and it was a great game for 5 bucks, but not worth 40-50.
it just seems like today games have more eye-candy and less substance. just like hollywood.

Is it just me, or did the graphics seem not as good in this trailer?

I'm not a huge FPS gamer, but this looks interesting enough for me to pick up--when it hits the $10 pricepoint, and if the reviews are good.

Zelda and Final Fantasy has been doing this for many years.

Along with everyone else, I hope this game is good. No way am I pre-ordering it, though. TBH it looks like they threw out a lot of the creepy elements of Bioshock and just made it an action game. Which could work, but it doesn't seem very Bioshock-y.

Back