HTC EVO V 4G $129.99 hot, hot, hot.

Next time, please post the price in the title, and/or in the post body.

Aside from that, pretty sweet deal, dude!

As said above Virgin Mobile runs off the Sprint CDMA network. (Virgin Mobile USA is a subsidiary of Sprint)

Sprint's voice coverage is pretty damned good and call quality is good to excellent.

Data quality and coverage is a different beast altogether - Sprint's 3G (EVDO) is so overused, underprovisioned, and oversold that speeds in most areas are abysmal on a good day.

The EVO V (exact same phone as the Sprint EVO 3D) advertises 4G data, but this is using Sprint's 'WiMAX' technology. WiMAX is so barely deployed that it's laughable for most people - if you live in a major metro area then you MIGHT be able to utilize a WiMAX signal but it's very hit or miss. For most people that buy the phone they'll never get to use that '4G' data.

WiMAX is a stagnant technology as far as Sprint is concerned - they've devoted their resources to moving forward with LTE deployment instead. This is why you'll see more WiMAX devices on it's prepaid subsidiaries (Virgin and Boost). It's highly unlikely you'll see WiMAX expanding from it's currently deployed coverage areas.

The EVO V (EVO 3D) itself isn't a bad phone at all. It's getting a bit long in the tooth (power hungry, bulky) but it's still a really peppy dual core device. The '3D' camera is a bit gimmicky and the '3D' screen uses parralax technology similar to what's used on the Nintendo 3DS. The 3D is nothing but a gimmick and should be treated as such, but otherwise it's a great handset.

The phone comes out of the box with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with HTC's Sense 3.x running on top of it. Sense 3 isn't the best UI implementation out there (Sense 4 is way better) but it's pretty smooth and peppy on the EVO V.

There is quite a community for custom ROMs out there so if you're looking to run a vanilla Android ROM you should have little trouble - in fact someone just did a great port of CM10 - it runs fantastic on the phone and the only thing that doesn't work is the 3D (which no one gives a rat's ass about anyway! :D)

As said above Virgin Mobile runs off the Sprint CDMA network. (Virgin Mobile USA is a subsidiary of Sprint)

Sprint's voice coverage is pretty damned good and call quality is good to excellent.

Data quality and coverage is a different beast altogether - Sprint's 3G (EVDO) is so overused, underprovisioned, and oversold that speeds in most areas are abysmal on a good day.

The EVO V (exact same phone as the Sprint EVO 3D) advertises 4G data, but this is using Sprint's 'WiMAX' technology. WiMAX is so barely deployed that it's laughable for most people - if you live in a major metro area then you MIGHT be able to utilize a WiMAX signal but it's very hit or miss. For most people that buy the phone they'll never get to use that '4G' data.

WiMAX is a stagnant technology as far as Sprint is concerned - they've devoted their resources to moving forward with LTE deployment instead. This is why you'll see more WiMAX devices on it's prepaid subsidiaries (Virgin and Boost). It's highly unlikely you'll see WiMAX expanding from it's currently deployed coverage areas.

The EVO V (EVO 3D) itself isn't a bad phone at all. It's getting a bit long in the tooth (power hungry, bulky) but it's still a really peppy dual core device. The '3D' camera is a bit gimmicky and the '3D' screen uses parralax technology similar to what's used on the Nintendo 3DS. The 3D is nothing but a gimmick and should be treated as such, but otherwise it's a great handset.

The phone comes out of the box with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with HTC's Sense 3.x running on top of it. Sense 3 isn't the best UI implementation out there (Sense 4 is way better) but it's pretty smooth and peppy on the EVO V.

There is quite a community for custom ROMs out there so if you're looking to run a vanilla Android ROM you should have little trouble - in fact someone just did a great port of CM10 - it runs fantastic on the phone and the only thing that doesn't work is the 3D (which no one gives a rat's ass about anyway! :D)

You need to think outside the box. The 3D camera is NOT a gimmick, its great for meeting hot chicks. :D

Nice, but not interested in loosing my grand fathered account for this. When I do upgrade, I'll likely be dropping VM for T-mobile and jumping on their $30/m plan. Save $5 and potentially get better data speeds.

Using it for phone or not, for $130 this is the absolute BEST PMP available right now. People seem to forget this.

Loved mine when I had it, that 3D screen was KICK ASS!`

Agree, pretty hot even if you don't use it as a phone. Just add a microSD card for more storage space.

The HTC One V appears to be on sale again. Anyone know what the price is? Its sold out so I can't put it in the cart to see.

Why? Please explain.

What do you mean "why"? It is a capacitive qHD 3D display device with a 3D camera that can do 1080p video (different ROM's) or 720p stock, front camera, dual core CPU, Mali 400 GPU, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of storage with MicroSD, etc, etc, etc for $150.

Can you show me a better tablet or PMP for the same price with the same or better specs and build quality?

Nice, but not interested in loosing my grand fathered account for this. When I do upgrade, I'll likely be dropping VM for T-mobile and jumping on their $30/m plan. Save $5 and potentially get better data speeds.

I can't seem to find T-Mobile's $30/mo plan. Link?

I can't seem to find T-Mobile's $30/mo plan. Link?

Its from walmart, 100 minutes, unlimited text and data (4G up to 5GB, 2G after). If you dont talk much, or use data for talking, its a good deal. But data for talking doesnt work nearly as well as normal talking.

Very cool... But... Don't know about other states, but here in NYC, after taxes, its $141.53

For $150 I can get a used Nexus 7 in good condition (if I'm lucky) And I am VERY confident I'll get it on these forums for this much within this month or the next. So that covers any PMP capability minus the 3D camera which is according to most sources on the internet, IS a gimmick.

As for the music player capability, a $20(refurb) Sandisk Sansa Clip is much more portable and sounds just as good.

I was just about to order the EVO purely as a PMP, but clicked cancel at the last second when I was about to finalize the order.

Now for those who will use it as a phone with Virgin Mobile, it might be worth it... After all, I am paying $60 for my line under our family plan, and if I was paying $30, in a year I'd save much more than the price of my iPhone 4S which I am currently using under ATT... So that's also something to think about.

So that covers any PMP capability minus the 3D camera which is according to most sources on the internet, IS a gimmick.

Very subjective. I found the 3D to be QUITE awesome, especially with movies. Also, if you have a 3D T.V. as I do then the 3D camera is an obvious plus.

Don't write off the 3D so quickly because of what other people say. I say it's awesome, especially for $130.

Went and picked on up from radio shack tonight. I did not buy this with its first intention being a phone with a data plan. Ive wanted a new mp3 player for awhile...something along the lines of an ipod touch...but not and ipod touch and this seemed to fit the bill. Considering everything it could do for 130 bucks it seemed hard to beat.

Been messing around with it for awhile and id have to say im pretty happy with it. This is my first smart phone/pmp so maybe im just easily impressed here but it seems like its going to do everything i want. Im definitely going to consider using it as a phone now as well.

Also the 3D is pretty neat. You need to hold it at a certain distance for it to not feel wierd...but its still pretty neat. All of my friends who looked at it hated the 3D.

Sprint's data speed is horrible everywhere I have ever tried to use a virgin mobile phone. It is fine for facebook, instagram twitter and email but web browsing on sprint is extremely painful. Much better off going with t mobile and the $30 a month plan.

Groove Ip is shit, I paid for it but if you use up your 100 minutes and need to make a short call it does do the job over their (4g) network.

Honestly for the price the phone is a good deal, the problem is the shitty data network sprint offers.

Sprint's data speed is horrible everywhere I have ever tried to use a virgin mobile phone. It is fine for facebook, instagram twitter and email but web browsing on sprint is extremely painful. Much better off going with t mobile and the $30 a month plan.

Groove Ip is shit, I paid for it but if you use up your 100 minutes and need to make a short call it does do the job over their (4g) network.

Honestly for the price the phone is a good deal, the problem is the shitty data network sprint offers.

Can you use a virgin mobile phone on a t-mobile network?

Went and picked on up from radio shack tonight. I did not buy this with its first intention being a phone with a data plan. Ive wanted a new mp3 player for awhile...something along the lines of an ipod touch...but not and ipod touch and this seemed to fit the bill. Considering everything it could do for 130 bucks it seemed hard to beat.

Been messing around with it for awhile and id have to say im pretty happy with it. This is my first smart phone/pmp so maybe im just easily impressed here but it seems like its going to do everything i want. Im definitely going to consider using it as a phone now as well.

Also the 3D is pretty neat. You need to hold it at a certain distance for it to not feel wierd...but its still pretty neat. All of my friends who looked at it hated the 3D.

You might want to look into an extended battery, just a tip. Amazon has some in the $20 range from Seidio and Laza. Of course if you are not using it as a phone you may not have battery issues, but if you do, this should help.

I agree with everything, but groove ip over 3g/4g = laggy. But over wifi it isnt so bad.

Point being, you could buy this phone for $130 and as long as you have access to wifi you will never have to pay for a phone call again. This obviously would work for some people, not everyone.

On another forum people are saying $100 on the One V, so just passing that info on, correct or not.

Damn...i was really happy with it for 130 and they have a 30 day return window.

Anyone know if radioshack will just refund the money or if i actually have to return this one and get a new one?

is this $130 or $130 w/ some commitment?

Virgin Mobile are no contract phones. Anyone can buy one to re-sell it if they wish. The price is $129.99 now and suppose to drop to $99.99 if the info in the link is correct.

Damn...i was really happy with it for 130 and they have a 30 day return window.

Anyone know if radioshack will just refund the money or if i actually have to return this one and get a new one?

I cant speak for RS, but I have gotten money back on other things bought just by taking in my receipt.

For $99 I will be at my local radio shack when the store opens the day this deal goes live. I find myself not using my data for anything but facebook, instagram, email, ruzzle and words with friends. I'm going to sell my GNexus buy this phone and use the extra cash to upgrade my pc... I'd get away with this as it is only $5 more a month then what I pay on T mobile and I get a extra 200 minutes talk time, no more groove ip and laggy audio.

For $99 I will be at my local radio shack when the store opens the day this deal goes live. I find myself not using my data for anything but facebook, instagram, email, ruzzle and words with friends. I'm going to sell my GNexus buy this phone and use the extra cash to upgrade my pc... I'd get away with this as it is only $5 more a month then what I pay on T mobile and I get a extra 200 minutes talk time, no more groove ip and laggy audio.

I just installed ruzzle, never heard of it till Saturday. Been playing it in practice mode.

Back