Online Orders for 128 GB Surface Pro to Ship

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The update from Microsoft on the 128 GB version of Surface Pro puts the units back in stock and the online orders for the models shipping two to three weeks after placing an order. Last week’s initial sales of the Surface Pro 128 GB version were brisk and on-hand stock quickly sold out.

It's still unclear why there are not enough Surface Pros in market. Is it that Microsoft seriously underestimated demand for 128 GB Surface Pros?

I saw this morning Best Buy after Best Buy starting to report stock of the 128GB model. I ordered one for in store pickup and am setting it up now (installing my most used programs). My main program is over 20GB so it's taking awhile to transfer over. I checked Best Buy's website again and already several stores are back to 'Unavailable' which surprises me. I know why I wanted it, and why I waited for it - but I consider my usage to be fairly unique. I'm surprised that it's sold out again so fast.

Man these look awesome but the cost including a keyboard and cover just kills it for me. If only these were a bit cheaper and the keyboard/cover was more real world priced.

Just ordered mine today, won't arrive til March, but I am okay with that. I also have some unique reasons for my purchase. Can't wait to get my hands on it and see what it can do.

You could buy a cheaper/more powerful laptop? :p

Yea but the Surface Pro Tab's are pretty well designed , very slick really. Laptops are great but the good ones tend to be much more expensive than the Surface Pro.

If anyone could link me a laptop with the similar features , power and resolution for around the same price point including Windows 8 I would probably jump on that.

I know several people really interested in the 128 gb pro. I wouldn't be shocked if three friends/co workers pick one up soon.

Man these look awesome but the cost including a keyboard and cover just kills it for me. If only these were a bit cheaper and the keyboard/cover was more real world priced.

Don't be in such a hurry. This is just a large scale beta test right now. These folks are paying for the privilege of ironing out the kinks.

Bide your time until they release the Haswell version, it will run cooler, longer, and have better integrated graphics.

Bide your time until they release the <insert codename> version
You can say this about any product ever released. There is always something new on the horizon, always.

Having used a Surface Pro everyday since it was released I would hardly characterize it as "beta" quality.

Picked up mine from BB yesterday. Only 1 store within 50 miles had any stock, and they went through them very fast. Couple stores in northern cali show stock as well. Absolutely nothing at the MS store though. So I'll bet these start popping up at BB all over early next week.

The SP is amazing though. Kicks the crap out of my ipad (gift from old job), and is exactly what I was looking for as far as portability/performance goes.

You can say this about any product ever released. There is always something new on the horizon, always.

Having used a Surface Pro everyday since it was released I would hardly characterize it as "beta" quality.

I couldn't wait for the 128GB and got the 64GB at Staples last Sunday. After cleaning out all the junk, I ended up with 40GB of free space, which is adequate for my use (I already had a 128GB USB 3.0 stick that I use to store large work files). You're right, this is hardly a beta. Very slick build and there really isn't a laptop that comes close to the form factor and specs for close to this price (touch screen, 1080p IPS, 2 lbs, core i5, SSD, pen). Loving it so far.

Back