Nexus 4 turns itself off

krogen

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

I got a Nexus 4 in early December. Up until ~2 weeks ago I didn't have any problems with it. Since then my Nexus turned itself off three times. I couldn't pinpoint the time as in all three occurrences it happened during my workday. Battery was high in all three cases.

At work, I have basically zero signal so I always put it in airplane mode. I don't think this would have anything to do with my issue though.

I never flashed my Nexus, never overclocked, never did anything that would void its warranty.

Claim warranty and return it? Would a return be even okay, as the issues is so sporadic? (they wouldn't be able to replicate it in the RMA center?)

Thanks!

So, I received my second Nexus 4 phone after I filed an RMA.

Surprise! Same issue.

Nice, dud after a dud. Maybe I shouldn't have gone for a cheapo Google phone. Ugh.

:mad:

So, I received my second Nexus 4 phone after I filed an RMA.

Surprise! Same issue.

Nice, dud after a dud. Maybe I shouldn't have gone for a cheapo Google phone. Ugh.

:mad:

Duds happen. Just feel lucky Google is being good to you and not blowing you off. If you think about it, you are still getting the best deal in the smartphone world. There is no phone off contract that good for 350 bucks.

Duds happen. Just feel lucky Google is being good to you and not blowing you off. If you think about it, you are still getting the best deal in the smartphone world. There is no phone off contract that good for 350 bucks.

I would much rather have a working phone for 600.

What good is a phone that might die on me in a couple of months? 350 bucks wasted.

Something that will stick with them for life. Never again LG, and and never again on your monitors too. ;)

Problem is their panels are everywhere, and practically the only game in town for IPS monitors.

(And of course, those have quality control issues too.)

Problem is their panels are everywhere, and practically the only game in town for IPS monitors.

(And of course, those have quality control issues too.)

i do try to not get those, but yea... they are every where

You got two duds I guess. My and my friend's N4 both are from December completely stock Android 4.2.2 and no issues like that.

I have had more Samsung failures than LG, but I am going to blame Samsung like they can't do any better. I had to switch a battery on my epic touch, does that mean all Samsung phones suck?

Have you tried a different phone with the same sim card in the same location and checked your signal? Seems like the lg hater wagon is at full tilt like normal. Blame lg all you want for the N4, Google didn't deny the design they are just as guilty for issues that come up

Back