Another Huge Anonymous FAIL

HardOCP News

[H] News
Another Anonymous threat, another attack that never happens. One thing is for sure, these guys are consistent. Their list of failed high profile attacks is pretty impressive. :D

In a posting on one of its Web pages, the group claimed it would target live streams of the speech, to be broadcast on the official White House site as well as many major news websites, including CNN. Television feeds of the speech weren't mentioned. However, the attack didn't appear to happen. None of the major news feeds or the official White House site showed any signs of disruption or delay during the speech.

aww, it seems their automatic sql-injection detection script didn't find any holes in those site :D

Or they couldn't get enough people to care to DDOS anything.

aww, it seems their automatic sql-injection detection script didn't find any holes in those site :D

hehe....

Or... just maybe they are purposely not doing the attacks so when they finally *do* attack, everyone is all "yeah, whatever...". You know, "the boy who cried wolf" type mental warfare.

nah.. I'll go with your theory.

Or maybe the Secret Service said "Did someone just threaten the President's speech?" And being all Secret Service and everything, they went and payed a visit to Mr. Anonymous's mother's house, and asked to see him. A few minutes later, after being led into his bedroom where he was doing his homework, they had a "talk" with him.

The gist of it is, he can't go to the movies Saturday, he has to stop what he was doing before he goes blind, and he needs to pick up his room. And no more threats.

Or... just maybe they are purposely not doing the attacks so when they finally *do* attack, everyone is all "yeah, whatever...". You know, "the boy who cried wolf" type mental warfare.

I think you're giving them too much credit, Tim. :p

The fact they even get media attention baffles me. They haven't done anything notable. All they can do is DDOS websites, which isn't exactly foolproof.

Can these guys even do REAL hacking? I mean, where are the uncovered secret documents or hacked TV signals or shutting down of the entire CIA network or just...something?

I mean, if all they do is DDoS attacks on useless websites or just make empty threats, then what good are they and why the hell should we care?

For the longest time I was fond of Anonymous and their goals to help bring down these corrupt government systems, but now they just seem like exactly what they are...a bunch of cry baby do nothings.

This folks, is what you call being a script-kiddie. You dont actually posses any real hacking knowledge, you exploit the hard work done by others before you. Looks like the 2 or 3 real contributing hackers to the anon crowd finally got bored of helping 14 yr olds and basement dwelling neck-beards for nothing.

I'm getting a little tired of explaining this... "One of their webpages" doesn't mean shit. Hell, many "actual" Anons have taken down/attacks an assortment of "fake" Anon webpages meant to weaken or provide misinformation. If you're going to have a decentralized system like Anon, with all the benefits it confers, you have to put up with stuff like this and realize that "fakes" happen and that it takes more than a press release to be a "real" message from parts of Anon that have been proven through past actions. It doesn't mean that the "lack of organization" as a whole is somehow impotent and repeating that is doing a Fox-News level of information manipulation. It would be like if some kid put up a web page with lots of US Air Force graphics with threats to bomb Iran, which of course doesn't happen, so Iran wrote "US Air Force weak, unable to face the might of Allah and cowers in fear". Note however, that you can't appraised a totally decentralized organization the same way you do a centralized one - in any way.

Anonymous has come through time and time again, from revealing the FBI internal documents including the lists of our government's attempts to monitor and destroy movements like Occupy etc.. For fucks's sake, RT even did a special on it (both on Breaking the Set and The Big Picture). Al Jazeera reported upon it. From Scientology, to Wikileaks (shall we not forget that Bradley Manning's treatment in incarceration was originally leaked to the public through Anon, for instance), etc... Anon has brought a lot of information to the public and worked to defend the Internet, privacy etc... many a time. I'm not sure if these kinds of headlines are just disinformation, but it seems an awful lot of these things pop up that encourage people to remember these faux-failures when it comes to Anon, rather than a history of proven successes; they don't even note the "real" failed attempts, which I feel is even more suspicious.

I'm getting a little tired of explaining this... "One of their webpages" doesn't mean shit. Hell, many "actual" Anons have taken down/attacks an assortment of "fake" Anon webpages meant to weaken or provide misinformation. If you're going to have a decentralized system like Anon, with all the benefits it confers, you have to put up with stuff like this and realize that "fakes" happen and that it takes more than a press release to be a "real" message from parts of Anon that have been proven through past actions. It doesn't mean that the "lack of organization" as a whole is somehow impotent and repeating that is doing a Fox-News level of information manipulation. It would be like if some kid put up a web page with lots of US Air Force graphics with threats to bomb Iran, which of course doesn't happen, so Iran wrote "US Air Force weak, unable to face the might of Allah and cowers in fear". Note however, that you can't appraised a totally decentralized organization the same way you do a centralized one - in any way.

Anonymous has come through time and time again, from revealing the FBI internal documents including the lists of our government's attempts to monitor and destroy movements like Occupy etc.. For fucks's sake, RT even did a special on it (both on Breaking the Set and The Big Picture). Al Jazeera reported upon it. From Scientology, to Wikileaks (shall we not forget that Bradley Manning's treatment in incarceration was originally leaked to the public through Anon, for instance), etc... Anon has brought a lot of information to the public and worked to defend the Internet, privacy etc... many a time. I'm not sure if these kinds of headlines are just disinformation, but it seems an awful lot of these things pop up that encourage people to remember these faux-failures when it comes to Anon, rather than a history of proven successes; they don't even note the "real" failed attempts, which I feel is even more suspicious.

How convenient, when they fail, it was just fake anons trying to make them look bad. When they succeed, it was real anons. By the way, Scientology is still around, and hasn't stopped its heavy-handed bullshit. Anon poked them and then got bored and moved on like they always do.

That's the weakness of being a decentralized "open" label. You can't get any forward momentum over a period of time. You can only do hit and runs.

The fact they even get media attention baffles me. They haven't done anything notable. All they can do is DDOS websites, which isn't exactly foolproof.

They get attention because they are good for politicians seeking to raise just enough hysteria to get very stupid laws passed, without really doing any damage to anything.

Anonymous claim to support freedom and yet they would deny elected government leaders the freedom of speech.

Because they're being used as posterboys for the sopa (or whatever it's called these days) anti-cybercrime bill.

How convenient, when they fail, it was just fake anons trying to make them look bad. When they succeed, it was real anons. By the way, Scientology is still around, and hasn't stopped its heavy-handed bullshit. Anon poked them and then got bored and moved on like they always do.

That's the weakness of being a decentralized "open" label. You can't get any forward momentum over a period of time. You can only do hit and runs.

They also declared war on China last year.

The media is fucking retarded though, and sees it as "hacking"

ZOMG TEHy haxxed the websites, that must mean they have control of the internets and its toobz!

Back