Aliens Colonial Marines smack thread.

I like how glitches have become such a hip thing to hate now yet Red Dead Redemption is still considered by many as one of the best games this gen.

I like how glitches have become such a hip thing to hate now yet Red Dead Redemption is still considered by many as one of the best games this gen.

Yes but Red Dead is extremely enjoyable past the glitches.

A CM is just a joke.

Yes but Red Dead is extremely enjoyable past the glitches.

A CM is just a joke.
If and when A:CM gives me half as much grief as RDR, I'll agree with this. That, however may prove difficult when 90% of glitches I received in RDR were game breaking. Not even Skyrim gave me the kind of grief RDR did.

Are we talking Skyrim on PC? Or console?
Skyrim played very good for me on PC I must say.

Are we talking Skyrim on PC? Or console?
Skyrim played very good for me on PC I must say.
I was playing Skyrim on PC and it ran fine for me too, but I knew a lot of PC (and PS3) players who hated the experience due to glitches.

Can you share some of your problems with RDR? I played RDR for the PS3 and think it's one of the best games ever. I didn't experience glitches that would stop me from completing a mission or stop me from enjoying the game.

Just curious.

Thanks

1. 1st mission - getting to the base. The other dude on the horse wasn't moving, but he was talking like you do when you're riding from place to place. I had to fail the mission just so it would reset and he started moving normally
2. 15 minutes after that - game suddenly froze. Just a still image, not even the usual buzzing noise one expects from the sound. This freezing alone happened six times during my entire ~20 hour campaign.
3. Textures suddenly dropping out every time I played poker. Nearly happened during Liars Dice too.
4. Cutscenes that just stopped. Even though some objects kept moving, the cutscene didn't end
5. Suddenly falling through the ground. It was apparently common in GTAIV as well, but GTA IV ran fine for me on PC once the patch was installed.

I didn't find RDR to be massively buggy, but then again I thought it was extraordinarily over-hyped, too.

And yes, I bought and played through most of the game on the PS3. It just wasn't that great IMO. Lots of riding from place to place and not a lot that was very interesting in between.

MavericK96 said:
I didn't find RDR to be massively buggy, but then again I thought it was extraordinarily over-hyped, too.

And yes, I bought and played through most of the game on the PS3. It just wasn't that great IMO. Lots of riding from place to place and not a lot that was very interesting in between.

I enjoyed the game, but thought it was over hyped too.

however, I will say the best thing I got out of it was discovering Jose Gonzalez. you tube now red dead song. blew me away as a guitarist

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

1. 1st mission - getting to the base. The other dude on the horse wasn't moving, but he was talking like you do when you're riding from place to place. I had to fail the mission just so it would reset and he started moving normally
2. 15 minutes after that - game suddenly froze. Just a still image, not even the usual buzzing noise one expects from the sound. This freezing alone happened six times during my entire ~20 hour campaign.
3. Textures suddenly dropping out every time I played poker. Nearly happened during Liars Dice too.
4. Cutscenes that just stopped. Even though some objects kept moving, the cutscene didn't end
5. Suddenly falling through the ground. It was apparently common in GTAIV as well, but GTA IV ran fine for me on PC once the patch was installed.
was this on the PS 3? I had none of those issues playing on the 360 but that sounds like crap I have experienced on my PS 3. I have not had a single issue of any sort on the 360 but the PS 3 is pos in comparison.

Not defending this game at all, but can't you basically run through levels with most single player first person shooters? I mean, unless you are suppose to kill something or someone to complete an objective aren't most games just going from point A to point B?

Before posting this I ran through a mission in Borderlands 2 without killing anyone either...so what's the big deal here? I see people saying "dumb AI" but if that's the case than I guess a majority of games have dumb AI.

Not defending this game at all, but can't you basically run through levels with most single player first person shooters? I mean, unless you are suppose to kill something or someone to complete an objective aren't most games just going from point A to point B?

Before posting this I ran through a mission in Borderlands 2 without killing anyone either...so what's the big deal here? I see people saying "dumb AI" but if that's the case than I guess a majority of games have dumb AI.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Though I have to admit the AI in this game is considerably more derpy than most (not all) games.

Try not firing a shot on any call of duty mission. Lol

For the most part I think people are expecting the aliens to attack not just let you run on by.

this game is worth max 10$ at sale not more... how the fuck could they release such a shitty game after years of development? this is max fail nothing else..

Me and a buddy had such high hopes for this game and were really eager to give it a go. After 15 minutes, we feel like we just threw away $40. I would rather put my balls in a blender than play this hot trash. Uninstalled.

was this on the PS 3? I had none of those issues playing on the 360 but that sounds like crap I have experienced on my PS 3. I have not had a single issue of any sort on the 360 but the PS 3 is pos in comparison.

Ditto.. Played RDR through at least 4 times and did a bunch of multiplayer. Had literally zero issues as mentioned PS3 dude experienced. Still the only reason I haven't just sold my otherwise shitbox360 is because of RDR

Ditto.. Played RDR through at least 4 times and did a bunch of multiplayer. Had literally zero issues as mentioned PS3 dude experienced. Still the only reason I haven't just sold my otherwise shitbox360 is because of RDR

One of the best games I've played on any platform over the last several years.

I would rather put my balls in a blender than play this hot trash. Uninstalled.

Ouch! I'm playing now. Not the best game around but it's certainly better than putting my balls in a blender!

Ouch! I'm playing now. Not the best game around but it's certainly better than putting my balls in a blender!

Yeah, that was a pretty big exaggeration, lol. It's not the worst game ever by any stretch, but I think the sheer disappointment of it all is the real kick in the nuts, not the game itself.

I'm getting worried. The more I play the more I'm thinking about that blender!

You know you guys have a herd mentality.... I bought the game.. love how it looks and am enjoying it greatly. While everyone here is saying its horrible? Maybe i am just not a whiner type i dunno

Anyone notice that the teammates that were behind suddenly appeared in front at the end?
Why bother running by the aliens when you could just tele from place to place. Talk about sloppy, lazy coding.:(

I enjoyed the game, but thought it was over hyped too.

however, I will say the best thing I got out of it was discovering Jose Gonzalez. you tube now red dead song. blew me away as a guitarist
Me three on RDR being overhyped, I never saw any glitches, but I only played the game for a good hour then it just sat there and ended up selling it to fund starcraft 2.

I preordered this then try to cancel it but was charged before I could. I played it for a little bit then exit it as soon as I saw an alien randomly appear and walk passed me on the hardest difficulty lol

every alien i saw was running at me and i was using close range attacks... so you guys backed up in a corner and watched what the AI would do instead of shooting? wierd

every alien i saw was running at me and i was using close range attacks... so you guys backed up in a corner and watched what the AI would do instead of shooting? wierd

They will sometimes run side to side for no apparent reason...I've seen that few times.

For the most part, yeah, they run straight at you. That's kinda part of the problem...they should be attempting to flank you or evade your fire, just not charge blindly into a haze of gunfire as their fellow Xenos die around them. They may be animalistic but they're not stupid by any means.

i played duke nukem forever for 5 minutes then deleted it... that is what a horrible game looks like.. not Aliens Colonial Marines... some people hate anything HYPED and never give it a chance

You know a game is bad when the local Gamestop has many used copies the day after it came out. I've never seen that shit before. The PC version is the only one maybe worth getting at 49.99 I'll wait for a steam sale.

Yeah, it was the PS3.

Can you install to hard drive on PS3? A lot of what you listed happens on Rockstar games when they are played off of the disc. Especially following through the world. I played RDR and the zombie/undead and didn't experience that.

Had tons of issues with GTA4 until I installed onto the hard drive.

Can you install to hard drive on PS3? A lot of what you listed happens on Rockstar games when they are played off of the disc. Especially following through the world. I played RDR and the zombie/undead and didn't experience that.
welcome to the PS 3 where you cant even choose to install games like you can with the 360.

Back