Microsoft Fixes Critical Flaws

HardOCP News

[H] News
It is Patch Tuesday once again. This round of updates fixes 57 known security vulnerabilities in Windows, Office and IE. So, if you are running a Windows box, today is definitely the day to get your patch on.

This security update resolves thirteen privately reported vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer. The most severe vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a user views a specially crafted webpage using Internet Explorer. An attacker who successfully exploited these vulnerabilities could gain the same user rights as the current user. Users whose accounts are configured to have fewer user rights on the system could be less impacted than users who operate with administrative user rights.

57 security vulnerabilities?...I usually like to wait a week or so for the dust to settle before updating but I might do it on Day 1 this month

57 security vulnerabilities?...I usually like to wait a week or so for the dust to settle before updating but I might do it on Day 1 this month

I just did all 4 of my computers and it seems like it took less then 20 minutes for my slower ones. My desktop got them dl'ed and installed pretty damn quick.

Windows checked for updates at 8:39AM this morning--"Windows is up to date."

Hit the check for updates button manually as soon as I saw this--bam! 16 updates (one is a definitions update for MSE).

Back