Facebook Sued Over 'Like' Button By Dead Guy

HardOCP News

[H] News
I had no idea that dead people could sue anybody. :eek: Beside, how do they know the dead guy even opposes Facebook's "like" button?

It is being sued by a patent-holding company acting on behalf of a dead Dutch programmer called Joannes Jozef Everardus van Der Meer. Rembrandt now owns patents for technologies Mr Van Der Meer used to build a fledgling social network, called Surfbook, before his death in 2004.

so facebook might have been a stolen idea because it says this was 5 years before facebook was made and called surfbook

with facebook useing the like button like they do kinda makes you wonder how the guy really died. Facebook was probably trying to buy him out and decided it was cheaper to let him die and just take it. Or helped him along his path. I like a good comspiracy. makes reading none informationally storys fun.

i thought digg owned the original patent on having an offsite counter that synced in real time, I know kevin rose is on a number of patents from digg tech.

Still miss digg, reddit looks like garbage, but then again, so did digg towards the end.

Back