Asus Sabertooth Z77 - multiplier locked at 45x

Drangueos

Limp Gawd
I have an Asus Sabertooth Z77 and I'm running an I7 3770k at 4500mhz (45x100) but now if I go to the bios and change the multiplier to anything, when I boot my computer the multiplier still on 45, even if I leave on auto it still uses 45.
I know if "update" the bios with the same bios (I have the last one), this will fix... but after sometime the problem will come back.

anyway to fix this without reprograming the bios?

At first glance, would appear to be ME bios partition corruption.
1805 bios?
I would downflash to 1616 bios - 1708 has a few issues, 1805 has many
So a few quick questions:
What method did you use to flash to 1805?
What Intel ME oprom version is showing in bios MAIN page and also Intel MEI driver in Device Manager/system devices?
Are you using CPU V offset mode or manual set?
1.28V seems a bit low for 45X and 3770K
Do you have AI Suite installed?

Assuming you have correct ME/MEI stuff, I would simply recommend the CodeRush FTK bios reflash method, couldnt hurt, and might fix things, if not then i would also use it to downflash to 1616

Edit:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1726429

Last edited:
Hey, thx guys,

now answering the questions

At first glance, would appear to be ME bios partition corruption.
1805 bios?
I would downflash to 1616 bios - 1708 has a few issues, 1805 has many
So a few quick questions:
What method did you use to flash to 1805?
What Intel ME oprom version is showing in bios MAIN page and also Intel MEI driver in Device Manager/system devices?
Are you using CPU V offset mode or manual set?
1.28V seems a bit low for 45X and 3770K
Do you have AI Suite installed?

1805 yes
I used the inside bios utility with a pendrive to flash it.
ME version 8.1.0.1248 (I did the firmware update, also on windows is showing the same) and I have the last drivers for everything.
my CPU is manual mode 1.28V, It is running stable for months now. I did 20 hours test on Prime95@1,26V and it passed but on some websites the Internet Explores was crashing, 1.27V was stable, so I left 1.28V to be safer.
No I don't use AI Suite.

I had the same problem with my P8Z77 WS. I had the impression that there are two sets of settings, one that the UEFI setup showed me and one that it started the machine with. I came to that conclusion because after a crash I saw a completely different set of settings in the UEFI setup that mached to those the machine was started with (ranging from multiplier settings up to fan configurations) contrary to those I usually saw in the setup. After a reboot it again showed the other "wrong" settings. I think this may be due to some UEFI incompatibilities. I could solve it with a CMOS reset.

I would recommend you clear the CMOS and once clear manual set the memory divider to something basic like 1333. From then reboot to your OS and then shutdown and then load back into the UEFI load defaultss and go from there.

Additionally if you have consider updating your MEI to the 8.1 version you can dl this from the support site. support.asus.com

You can also check before hand what MEI version you have within the UEFI.

Hope this helps.

New bios for MVG and MVE coming soon, fixes issues with lastest 1604

Quote from Asus Rog forums.

Shamino - problem has been fixed
please wait a short while for the bioses to go thru the 'AHQL' process

Maybe they post a bios for Sabertooth too keep looking on Asus Site.

Had the same problem with my new P8Z77-V. Ran Auto OC in BIOS (later chose my own settings) and haven't had a problem since.

Back