House Panel to Reintroduce Controversial Cyber Bill

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Just when you thought SOPA/CISPA debate was dead and buried, along comes a new push from the House Intelligence Committee to reintroduce the Cybersecurity bill for consideration. The recent cyber-attacks against banks and newspapers along with sensitive government agencies have given new life into privacy protection concerns, prompting a new look at CISPA.

The bill was "developed in close consultation with a broad range of private sector companies, trade groups, privacy and civil liberties advocates, and the executive branch," according to the House Intelligence Committee leaders.

again? didn't they learn from the sh*t storm they created last year! :mad:

After thinking about it from the last time around, I'm okay with it as long as they leave small businesses alone or at least include a clause that exempts businesses with fewer than 50 employees from being subjected to takedowns regardless of the content on their sites. I even suggested that to my state representative in their little "submit your thoughts" thingey.

This should come as no surprise, this is how government always functions. When they want to pass something, they always get their way. They just try it over and over, repackaging it each time, until we get tired of fighting and give up. Makes me want to puke.

You'd have to be absolutely stupid as fuck to think this has any benefit other than to the people on top making more strict laws against the people of the middle to bottom. Stupid greedy bastards!

Go after banks/tax evading corporations instead of protecting them. Fuck the US government, seriously (no, I'm not mad, just honest thoughts).

If this doesn't show you who the US government really works for, nothing will.
Hint: It's not the people.

Someone wants to push this shit in a bad way...every time it gets defeated they start planning for the next version until finally it will get passed. You wait...just like obamacare.

Someone wants to push this shit in a bad way...every time it gets defeated they start planning for the next version until finally it will get passed. You wait...just like obamacare.

yeah! :mad: damn libetards trying to help people with Obamacare, and their hot hipster chicks all over occupy wall street, and their cool indie slash nu disco vibes. Damn them all!

See...it is shit exactly like this that PROVES beyond ANY shadow of a doubt that the American government does not give a FUCK about what the people want.

This bill has ALREADY been turned down MULTIPLE times so QUIT FUCKING TRYING TO PUSH IT THROUGH!!! THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY SPOKEN AND THE ANSWER WAS NO!

NO!!!

Goddamn I hate this country and yes, if I could, I would leave. This place is a shit storm mixed with a nut house.

/i am mad bro!

See...it is shit exactly like this that PROVES beyond ANY shadow of a doubt that the American government does not give a FUCK about what the people want.

This bill has ALREADY been turned down MULTIPLE times so QUIT FUCKING TRYING TO PUSH IT THROUGH!!! THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY SPOKEN AND THE ANSWER WAS NO!

NO!!!

Goddamn I hate this country and yes, if I could, I would leave. This place is a shit storm mixed with a nut house.

/i am mad bro!

this x1000
government is no longer by the people for the people it's on the backs of the people.

and you all know how they are going to ram this through, they are going to call it cybersecurity, drum up how the red scare is going to hack your banks take all your money and cyberkidnap your children in their beds...so we need this law so you can be safe.

same shit spewed will sway the average flag waver...and fuck us all on the way.
the more i see the more i slide to being an anarchist.

again? didn't they learn from the sh*t storm they created last year! :mad:

The more stunts anonymous pulls off, the more likely these are going to get passed. All they need to do is keep presenting it until enough hacking cases piles up and they will see this as a lesser of two evils.

yeah! :mad: damn libetards trying to help people with Obamacare, and their hot hipster chicks all over occupy wall street, and their cool indie slash nu disco vibes. Damn them all!

Except it isn't helping for a good number of people... or have you not been keeping up with how it all works, now that they're reading the 1400+ pages he backdoor-shoved through with a 1am vote unilaterally?

How sad. It's time to overthrow that government. This corruption is just getting out of hand. It's all about their own personal interests and money, they don't work for the people, they work against them. Scrap, and start over. Not just internet related stuff, but look at everything else too. Nothing but corruption going on in there. Really sad this is allowed to continue. Thing is, they just have too much power. They need to be stopped by force.

NO!!!

/i am mad bro!

12 years ago, they would of called you a Conspiracy Theorist. 5 years ago, they would of called you a liar and asked you for evidence. Today, they're too scared to ask you what's going to happen. Tomorrow, there will be no one else to to question their motives because we'll all be censored. I heard it's pretty nice living in Toronto....

“American businesses are under siege," Rogers said. "We need to provide American companies the information they need to better protect their networks from these dangerous cyber threats. It is time to stop admiring this problem and deal with it immediately.”

Of course............duh!
Too few people will actually take security seriously. Everyone seems to be looking to someone else to keep them secure.

Is it odd, that I want them all to die? It's not just this, it's everything. I just want all of them to keel over and die.

Except it isn't helping for a good number of people... or have you not been keeping up with how it all works, now that they're reading the 1400+ pages he backdoor-shoved through with a 1am vote unilaterally?

I really wish conservatives would cry moar about Obamacare. No seriously, they haven't cried enough. Its such a tragedy that we won't let those darn poors just die on the streets like they should.

Although this bill may be flawed we do desperately need some concerted effort on the Cyber Security front ... Cyber Warfare is the new limited war ... we need to make sure that we are protecting important government and business computers from malicious cyber attacks ...

we need to improve the investigative and criminal options for punishing international hacking ... we also need to make sure that if we don't have adequate protections to prosecute hacking we are capable of launching our own attacks (including preemptive ones) against foreign countries and companies when necessary ...

cyber warfare is the new nuclear weapon, except it is a weapon that can actually be used (and we should make sure we have an adequate arsenal of our own and a defense network) ;)

this isnt politics..

personalizing on the current fool in charge... is idiotic! to say its this guy or the last guy... childishly naive...

this is the system at work.. the system is against us!

ballots will NOT solve this...

just like obamacare has very little to do with that clown...it was the SYSTEM

They will just keep trying until they get what they want. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Good, I was thinking about opening up online-classes in immigrating to Sweden and learning the language to make a buck on the side

For a second there, I thought Cyber Bill involved Clinton sexting interns on AOL instant messenger.

I really wish conservatives would cry moar about Obamacare. No seriously, they haven't cried enough. Its such a tragedy that we won't let those darn poors just die on the streets like they should.

I'm independent, thank you very much. And thanks for demonstrating typical ignorance as to how Obamacare even works, with a 1400 page document shoved through at a 1am vote in around a day it's not surprising you people are so uninformed. Go google it, I hear it's a fine search engine.... and can the emotional bullshit that has nothing to do with reality.

No, we'll just fuck over the middle class with skyrocketing insurance premiums.

Remember, Obama told you your insurance premiums would go down. Instead they are literally growing double digits every year.

I'm independent, thank you very much. And thanks for demonstrating typical ignorance as to how Obamacare even works, with a 1400 page document shoved through at a 1am vote in around a day it's not surprising you people are so uninformed. Go google it, I hear it's a fine search engine.... and can the emotional bullshit that has nothing to do with reality.

And to add... for those who don't know how to use Google, check this out: http://nation.foxnews.com/obamacare/2013/02/11/obamacare-wheels-are-coming

News said:
Start with the IRS’s new estimate for what the cheapest family plan will cost by 2016: $20,000 a year to cover two adults and three kids. And that will only cover 60 percent of medical bills, so add hefty out-of-pocket costs, too.

The next surprise is for parents who thought their kids would be covered by an employer. Sloppy wording in the law left that unclear until last week, when the IRS ruled that kids won’t be covered.

Yep, $20k/year is SOOOOOOO affordable plus huge out-of-pocket costs for most people, and that's for a basic crappy plan. Good job! /sarcasm. You are a good sheep, now go vote for this bill to go through like a good sheep....

No, we'll just fuck over the middle class with skyrocketing insurance premiums.

Remember, Obama told you your insurance premiums would go down. Instead they are literally growing double digits every year.

Obama and his cronies also went around on the talk shows explaining how Benghazi was a "random spontaneous attack" by "protesters" for weeks, before finally revising it to something resembling the truth (pre-planned attack with mortars by terrorists) and their incompetence at giving a proper security detail to diplomats in dangerous areas got swept under the rug. To think, people got angry and kicked a President out of office for Watergate, a break-in to steal some campaign documents... yet this happens and no one seems to care.

GoldenTiger gets it right. Health insurance costs are exploding despite us being lied to and told they would go down by Obama himself.

Liberals better hope a Republican isn't in the White House when the insurance companies fail because they will be bailed out with taxpayer money.

Obamacare is probably the biggest screw job to the middle class in American history and Obama still has worshipers who defend it. People defending Obamacare despite all the evidence we have that it is NOT reducing healtchare costs have mental problems.

No you know why they also want to take our guns away. They know people know are starting to see what the Government's real intentions are and this to control everything...

Obama and his cronies also went around on the talk shows explaining how Benghazi was a "random spontaneous attack" by "protesters" for weeks, before finally revising it to something resembling the truth (pre-planned attack with mortars by terrorists) and their incompetence at giving a proper security detail to diplomats in dangerous areas got swept under the rug. To think, people got angry and kicked a President out of office for Watergate, a break-in to steal some campaign documents... yet this happens and no one seems to care.

I was having a conversation (really an argument) with a coworker when we got our health insurance renewal came and the costs exploded like everyone with a functioning brain said they would.

He was basically telling me the costs didn't go up over the previous year even though the numbers on the paper said they did. A first grader is even capable of doing greater than comparisons I believe.

These people have diseased minds.

I was having a conversation (really an argument) with a coworker when we got our health insurance renewal came and the costs exploded like everyone with a functioning brain said they would.

He was basically telling me the costs didn't go up over the previous year even though the numbers on the paper said they did. A first grader is even capable of doing greater than comparisons I believe.

These people have diseased minds.

health insurance premiums go up every year, outpacing inflation. I bet its Obamacare's fault bread costs more this year too, right? Derp.

"shoved through"? Did you seriously pay any attention that bill? It took them more than a YEAR to get to that vote. If you can't read 1400 pages in a year, you need to go back to school. It didn't even change much from it's inception.

And what the hell does this have to do with the article? This is a house committee, aka Republicans, that will push this through and that pushed it through the first time. Get pissed at them.

health insurance premiums go up every year, outpacing inflation. I bet its Obamacare's fault bread costs more this year too, right? Derp.

So if I'm told that Obamacare will decrease insurance premiums (by Obama himself) and that doesn't happen, that's perfectly OK?

It's OK for the President to lie directly to the face of the America public and screw over the middle class in the process?

Derp?

So if I'm told that Obamacare will decrease insurance premiums (by Obama himself) and that doesn't happen, that's perfectly OK?

It's OK for the President to lie directly to the face of the America public and screw over the middle class in the process?

Derp?

You do realize that the majority of the stuff you're complaining about that's "driving up costs" doesn't even go into effect until 2014 right? Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

"shoved through"? Did you seriously pay any attention that bill? It took them more than a YEAR to get to that vote. If you can't read 1400 pages in a year, you need to go back to school. It didn't even change much from it's inception.

And what the hell does this have to do with the article? This is a house committee, aka Republicans, that will push this through and that pushed it through the first time. Get pissed at them.

Anyone who tries to pin this shit on either party is a complete idiot. You cry "Republicans" despite the fact that SOPA had more Democratic co-sponsors than Republican ones.

And don't forget that Chris Dodd was one of the most fiery liberal Senators on the hill(and culpable greatly for the economic meltdown of 2008) before he went off to chair...the MPAA.

This is the same bunch that tried to clamp down on heavy metal in the 80s and video games in the 90s. They've just found a new approach that gives them even more power.

Anyone who tries to pin this shit on either party is a complete idiot. You cry "Republicans" despite the fact that SOPA had more Democratic co-sponsors than Republican ones.

And don't forget that Chris Dodd was one of the most fiery liberal Senators on the hill(and culpable greatly for the economic meltdown of 2008) before he went off to chair...the MPAA.

This is the same bunch that tried to clamp down on heavy metal in the 80s and video games in the 90s. They've just found a new approach that gives them even more power.

I agree on this. SOPA and stuff like it isnt a partisan problem. Its a knowledge gap problem. These people are just too damn old to understand this stuff. D and R.

Back