Bing May Have Revealed Secret U.S. Drone Base

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Bing may just have finally upstaged rival search engine Google, but at the same time may have rubbed the CIA the wrong way in doing so. It looks like Bing Maps discovered a secret CIA drone base in the deserts of Saudi Arabia. On the other hand, maybe Google really didn’t really want to find this base at all. :D

What are they thinking? That's a weather balloon launch facility and weather monitoring station for feedback data from th balloons. Also, some of the larger buildings are being used to shelter stray pets found wandering in the desert before they can be brought back to the United States for adoption. There's no alphabet soup agency except PETA working at that location.

nothing_to_see_here.jpg

Why does the media insist on calling every military establishment they find "Secret"? If it was secret it wouldn't be in plain sight.

Why does the media insist on calling every military establishment they find "Secret"? If it was secret it wouldn't be in plain sight.

Anything that doesn't have it's own FB page is secret. Didn't you get the memo?

I hope they do that soon. People need to have stuff in the air keeping an eye on them so they stay afraid and paranoid that their dumb driving is gonna get seen by a drone.

Shit like this cracks me up. Yeah guys and the way to totally rectify keeping it secret is to plaster it up on the internet in a news story, yup!

I hope they do that soon. People need to have stuff in the air keeping an eye on them so they stay afraid and paranoid that their dumb driving is gonna get seen by a drone.

"That motherfucker just rolled through a stop sign without coming to a full and complete stop, firing Hellfire missile in 3... 2... "

1. none of the laws are enforceable only the FAA make make such rules
there is an NPRM coming out on the subject "soon" i think the FAA runs on Valve or Blizzard time
2. the state laws are are so boardly worded that if i put a Gopro on my helis it makes it a "drone" and a class B misdemeanor
and making things like this video would be class A misdemeanor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Z9EKE9Bq4

Please help support local modal aviation
http://www.modelaircraft.org/
http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/am...tes-considering-uas-drone-legisalation-grows/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygoJoVk_qSo

Finally, those "Speed Limit Enforced By Aircraft" signs will mean something!

Finally, those "Speed Limit Enforced By Aircraft" signs will mean something!
My father in law got a speeding ticket on his motorcycle in the middle of no where (traveling north of Minneapolis aka going up north) because a spotter plane got him. That's what the hashes on the Interstates are used for, calculating speed. He was going 100+ in a 70 though...

My father in law got a speeding ticket on his motorcycle in the middle of no where (traveling north of Minneapolis aka going up north) because a spotter plane got him. That's what the hashes on the Interstates are used for, calculating speed. He was going 100+ in a 70 though...

you can fight that that have to prove he was driving the car

Ummmmm...

missedthepoint.jpg

Not that unusual I guess for you.

And then Skynet comes online...

lol, no.
Sorry, we don't have the tech for that... our supercomputers are far more powerful now.

Our fastest supercomputers are around 20 PetaFlops, whereas Skynet is around 90TeraFlops.
That's right, Skynet is only 0.09 PetaFlops, lol.

Too bad our supercomputers lack ZISC processors for real hardware-based learning capabilities.

Umm Al Melh Border Guards Airport...
Untitled_zpsfae8dc0e.jpg

I'm more concerned with the 30,000 drones they plan on placing above the United States.

You don't need to worry bout those 30k drone because when China took over the US they require the gov-vie to inventory us for them.

Meanwhile this is what the rest of the world is doing with their tech:

Trains-in-China-vs-trains-in-America.jpg

omg, we're turning in a pussified version of the Soviet Union right before my eyes! :D

omg, we're turning in a pussified version of the Soviet Union right before my eyes! :D

That's because high-speed trains are a waste over here due to the TSA taking their time molesting you for your safety it would be cheaper and quicker to drive. I'm just surprised they don't have ribbed gloves to make the experience much more pleasurable.

id like to add that chinese high speed train will likely blow up as it was copied from one they bought from Japan

YES CHINA PIRATED A TRAIN

That's because high-speed trains are a waste over here due to the TSA taking their time molesting you for your safety it would be cheaper and quicker to drive. I'm just surprised they don't have ribbed gloves to make the experience much more pleasurable.

Actually it's because in the US when there have been pushes for high speed trains (see California as an example) the response usually goes something along the lines of "ERMAHGERD ERT COST BERYONS AND BERYONS OF DERRERS!!!!!!"
(sorry about that :D)

The biggest issue in the US though is that we have airports everywhere, and yeah it is often cheaper to fly than to take a train, a quick search on taking Amtrak from NY to Orlando, FL, $131 one way over 1 day of travel time (obviously it's not a non-stop train trip), JetBlue $121 one way, less than 3 hours, $20 cheaper if you don't mind an extra stop and a few more hours tacked on. There's no way to beat that, cheaper and faster? Yeah there's a hard decision to make.

I take Amtrak between Portland and Seattle all the time. Doesn't take that long, zero TSA, cost $10 to take my bicycle instead of $200, plus I can bring my own booze and sometime one of the train cars has an arcade in it. Plus some pretty awesome scenery along the way.

Original topic be damned!

It's funny because there are no TSA at train stations...

The biggest issue in the US though is that we have airports everywhere, and yeah it is often cheaper to fly than to take a train, a quick search on taking Amtrak from NY to Orlando, FL, $131 one way over 1 day of travel time (obviously it's not a non-stop train trip), JetBlue $121 one way, less than 3 hours, $20 cheaper if you don't mind an extra stop and a few more hours tacked on. There's no way to beat that, cheaper and faster? Yeah there's a hard decision to make.

Europe has airports everywhere too, and yet high speed passenger rail is definitely around too. Is it that Europe is smaller that makes the trains more feasible? Hmm maybe.

I think there might be many complex policies in the US that screw up that cost analysis. Mainly, you have to consider all the subsidies. Air travel is subsidized in the form of gov't paying for the FAA, etc. and I think the fuel is also subsidized? I'm not sure about that, but how do we end up having cheaper gasoline here than just about everywhere?

If the competition between air and rail was truly fair the cost comparison might be different.

I knew it was meant sarcastically, but you were still stating a (very misguided) point. ;)

I guess, but I think that humans are totally at their best when they're all scared of the big bad drone-y eyeball in the sky watching them, even if it has nothing at all to do with them or their having an affair in the bathroom at the public library. (Yuck! >.<)

Why are we commenting on a picture comparing a freight train to a passenger train?

No drones here...unless they're being used for training at the nearby MCAS (along with the new F-35B).

Back