Sony Video Game Album Nominated for Grammy

I don't believe this is nothing that new. I want to say that the soundtrack for Advent Rising was nominated for some awards as well wasn't it? I know some of the people that worked on the album were Grammy and Emmy award winners.

Either way, while I don't necessarily see this as video games being taken more serious, I just see it as a video game with good music for once. The "serious medium" part is something we've all known that it has been for a long time.

Only problem with video games in this aspect is that they aren't as accessible to the main stream. A movie for example can be watched by literally ANYONE where as a video game is too niche. You need a console and the game ($$$), you need to give somewhat of a damn about video games, you need to know how to PLAY video games, etc. I think in the future perhaps when games become more easily played or once this generation gets older and most of the population has played games at one time or another it will be taken as a much more serious entertainment medium.

For now though all we have are old ass judges and that call the shots that don't see the point in our "Nintendos and Playboxes".

Finally, this game is getting the recognition it deserves.

Journey-game-300.jpg

Good for them. GOOD FOR THEM. Journey was a surreal experience for me. I still don't really understand it but I know I am a better person because of this game. I bought this game at Target for 30 bucks and thought I got a great deal. Then the RLS offered it for like 10 bucks. I was pissed and wow I lost 20 bucks. But I learned from this game in many more reasons and accepted the fact that money means nothing. Life, Spirit, Soul, Family, and MAYBE Country is what it is all about. Take care all.!

It would be cool if they happened to do a remake for one of the old awesome games like FFVII or Chrono Trigger and had great music like that happening.
Of course Chrono Trigger had good music for what it was working with (Super Nintendo), it wouldn't have won a Grammy but Hey! It was still good. :)
I can't remember the music for FFVII since I haven't played it in so long...

Back