Camelot Unchained: CSE & Mark Jacobs' RVR MMO!?

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/05/rvr-unchained-mark-jacobs-returns-to-camelot/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsJlZvFPIA&feature=player_embedded
http://www.camelotunchained.com

Interview on Massively... teaser intro.... and newsletter + info coming soon (signup).
It was no coincidence that Mark Jacobs was open to talking about his Warhammer Online experiences with us recently. If you deduced that it was the prelude to his MMO comeback attempt, you were right.

Jacobs' City State Entertainment announced today that it's working on a new MMO under the working title of Camelot Unchained. And yes, it will be RvR-focused with three realms duking it out: Arthurian, Tuatha Dé Danann, and Viking. Camelot Unchained will tie RvR conflict into player housing and a dynamic economy as well.

Because this tightly focused concept may prove to be too difficult to draw publisher support, the 13-person studio is turning to a future Kickstarter campaign for support. Obviously, we have no shortages of questions about this project, but we contained ourselves to the 10 most burning queries that we presented to Jacobs. Read about the future of Camelot after the jump!

Kickstarter campaign coming March 2013... blog posts with info as to how and why they think they can make a 3-faction RVR + crafting + housing setup work when others have recently failed, etc. coming soon on the www.camelotunchained.com site!

This made my... well, I guess so far, made my year to see!

Last edited:
GAH! It's a kickstarter project.........So does this mean if it doesn't get the funds of like 1,000,000 it won't even be considered like Chris Taylors Wildman?

Mark Jacobs is legend I never had a more engaging game then Dark age of Camelot except for Ultima and Planetside 2 to a extent.

Have never donated to a kickstarter before, but in this case, I'll pledge as much as possible. I was just thinking the other day how I miss DAOC.

Easily my favorite MMO experience of all time.

[L]imey;1039586861 said:
Have never donated to a kickstarter before, but in this case, I'll pledge as much as possible. I was just thinking the other day how I miss DAOC.

Easily my favorite MMO experience of all time.

+1

I have never had more fun playing a game, online or single player, than I had in DAOC.

Realm Pride? Server Pride? Heck yeah!
Mid, Mlf

Link fixed in OP for teaser video. Also, first blog post is up at camelotunchained.com about the ideas behind the game.

Get the netcode right and it has a chance to not suck. Otherwise... I won't get my hopes up. Need to see a LOT more on that side of the game said before I give them any money at all.

I heard the name..... apparently someone i know met him, roughly when he started up City State Entertainment.

Never played any of his games... though I always heard good things about DAoC.

Two new blog posts up about "foundational" gameplay principles for Camelot Unchained up at the official site.

I'm so glad that he's not just willing to speak out against goldsellers, but also say "I will not be hypocritical and SELL GOLD/PREMIUM EXPERIENCES ETC... in my game. If I do it, they will figure, why can't they". I know I'm old fashioned and a roleplayer-type, but I LIKE subscription MMOs and generally hate the whole "free-to-play" dynamic where you can be nickled and dimed like a boiled frog until you're spending more than $15 a month to get less an experience!

I'll be waiting for the Kickstarter and considering shelling out similarly to how I did for Star Citizen... IF his new studio has NOTHING to do with fucking EA.

Back