WSJ and NYT Hacked By The Chinese

HardOCP News

[H] News
What's up with all these reports of the Chinese trying to hack everyone? Hmmm, maybe they weren't hacking, maybe they were just trying to avoid paying subscription fees just to read a news story. :D

The Wall Street Journal said its computer systems had been infiltrated by Chinese hackers for the apparent purpose of monitoring the newspaper's China coverage. The infiltration at the Journal, along with reports of computer network breaches at the New York Times NYT and other news outlets, indicate that Chinese spying on U.S. media has become a widespread phenomenon.

Why are they crying? The U.S. has been spying on it's own citizens as well as foreign governments using the same means for decades. China has simply caught up to our tactics, get used to it. You reap what you sow.

Maybe, I don't know, they aren't from China at all... Pretending you're from another country isn't difficult, and breaches aren't normally done direct...:p

Why are they crying? The U.S. has been spying on it's own citizens as well as foreign governments using the same means for decades. China has simply caught up to our tactics, get used to it. You reap what you sow.

And I'm sure China just sits there and takes it when they find out they've been spied on.
:rolleyes:

This only makes sense if they see US news agencies getting information the Chinese believe is being leaked out from inside and they're trying to find the sources.

But hacking just to get access to news articles early?

This only makes sense if they see US news agencies getting information the Chinese believe is being leaked out from inside and they're trying to find the sources.

But hacking just to get access to news articles early?
Yeah, or to get sources and leads on who commented on China. If they have any ties inside China they are using.

And I'm sure China just sits there and takes it when they find out they've been spied on.
:rolleyes:

Thank you master of the obvious. This is the very reason why you are reading this headline.

China must be mad the US threatened them a little recently. I just wish we could see behind the scenes of all the shit really going on all sides of the ocean. Fuck national security, I say lets make it a reality show.

:D

Who even cares? It's not like NYT or WSJ are doing anything that matters. I mean all they do is repeat junk that happens so other people can find out about stuff they have no business caring about so they can develop opinions that are based on virtually no substantial information and then talk with their friends and coworkers about how bad things are or why such-and-such is broken and what "should be done" to fix it. Value -- they're not adding it.

This is true. However its still alarming that the Chinese aren't even bothering to cover their tracks. Its getting pretty blatant.

This is true. However its still alarming that the Chinese aren't even bothering to cover their tracks. Its getting pretty blatant.

Which is why it's even more likely to not be them. Someone who can get into systems but has 0 clue about simple stuff like covering their tracks doesn't exactly sound very plausible. :D

Lets see

So, Intel, AMD, Nvidia, RIM, Google, Norton and Kapersky all hacked by chinese government hackers in the last two years, Wikileaks hackers grabbed info confirming it was the chinese government, and now this incident today

Makes you wonder whats next

Lets see

So, Intel, AMD, Nvidia, RIM, Google, Norton and Kapersky all hacked by chinese government hackers in the last two years, Wikileaks hackers grabbed info confirming it was the chinese government, and now this incident today

Makes you wonder whats next

They are not called RIM anymore. They have re-branded to Blackberry. The reason why a say this, is because it makes me laugh when I think of all those RIM jokes people kept posting.:D

It has been quite blatant a long time ago. More blatant if you're living in one of its neighboring countries. There's the 'Nine-dash line' for example.

Yes you bunch of morons, hack the NYT. A typical media outlet full of lies, propagana, biased reporting and BS. Might as well hack Provda while you are at it.

Yes you bunch of morons, hack the NYT. A typical media outlet full of lies, propagana, biased reporting and BS. Might as well hack Provda while you are at it.

As long as they leave catforums.com and allrecipies.com alone, I'm okay with China hacking stuff. :)

cat-dog-cloth-holder-431x300.jpg

Back