Cocaine Helps 4th Grader Win Science Fair

HardOCP News

[H] News
You can bring 28 grams of cocaine to school for the science fair...and win? My, how things have changed since I was in school. :eek:

A Miami fourth-grader, with assistance from her cop dad and three police dogs, used an ounce of cocaine in her science fair project. Emma Bartelt’s project, titled “Drug Sniffing Dogs,” showed off the keen sniffing skills of a golden retriever, Labrador, and springer spaniel to see who could find 28 grams of cocaine inside a metal box.

I have here 38...I mean 28 grams of cocaine for educational and scientific purposes...

That's normal here in Miami.

When I was in the 8th grade, my friend brought cocaine and weed to the science fair.
Showed the class the difference between baby power and coke, grass and weed. Showed how to make it too.

The teacher had to cut it short because of the content, but he did get an A.

That is 100% pure bullshit. Way to send mixed messages about drugs to kids. They're illegal, and your parents could go to prison just for possessing them...but if your parents make it into a school project AND happen to be cops that manipulate the law to suit them, you're golden!

According to the article (you guys did read it right?) she did not win first place, but honorable mention. Also the experiment was conducted at police facilities under supervision and not on school grounds.

Without actually seeing her presentation I still think it's was a good idea to put a 4th grader analytical skills to test. Drugs aren't something you can ignore and hide from kids because doing so gives it a "mystical" quality that attacts them into experiment with them. Putting it out in open in a demonstration shows how the real world works instead of the sensaltionalist TV shows and Fox news.

Also the experiment was conducted at police facilities under supervision and not on school grounds.
Yeah, this is the key here because if she did this at school I wouldn't be surprised if one of those zero tolerance shitstorms would have hit her hard.

But honorable mention? Don't they give that to everyone who competes? I'm curious to the extent of her experiment. "Which dog sniffs cocaine better, the labrador did it in 43 seconds, so it won, the end"

That is 100% pure bullshit. Way to send mixed messages about drugs to kids. They're illegal, and your parents could go to prison just for possessing them...but if your parents make it into a school project AND happen to be cops that manipulate the law to suit them, you're golden!

Quoted for truth. Pathetic.

ABC News piece on the subject
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8dWfkO4mvk

Jon Roberts,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvGHhZY3c_U

"I had three Cigarettes hanging in the backyard. Two cougars, I had mountain lions living in my house. I had a helicopter in my backyard, I'd fly my helicopter to the race track for an hour to see my horses run. I had 40, 50 horses at a time, race horses. $50k a month just to feed them. I had garbage bags of money buried in my lawn, each bag a mil to 700k, I had no where to put it. I'd find bags of money in the horse feed."

That's cheating.

lol all science fairs are won by cheaters. One of my biggest problems with them. Its actually more fair now that the internet has evened the odds. But really most of the projects every year are way beyond the kids who "design" them.

Really? This was allowed to happen simply because her dad is a cop? That is ridiculous

EDIT: Read the article, didn't originally see they had done it at the police facilities. Never mind, mostly...

Even at the police facilities, so what? Those dogs and drugs aren't his kid's school supplies, aside from the fact that he exposed his fourth grader to fucking cocaine. If he wasn't a cop, child services would have been up his ass like ben wa balls in a Filipino hooker.

Even at the police facilities, so what? Those dogs and drugs aren't his kid's school supplies, aside from the fact that he exposed his fourth grader to fucking cocaine. If he wasn't a cop, child services would have been up his ass like ben wa balls in a Filipino hooker.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. If that was "exposing his kid to cocaine" then the same has been done to many of us in public schools during DARE campaigns. :p

Seriously...

You've got to be fucking kidding me. If that was "exposing his kid to cocaine" then the same has been done to many of us in public schools during DARE campaigns. :p

Seriously...

Agreed. I think this was an awesome demonstration for young kids. This will let them know at a young age that "Drugs are BAD"!!!!!

Seriously...

That was a police officer participating in a departmental program of the police department, not some dude helping his kid wow their teacher.

any topics containing Miami and Cocaine should come as of no surprise!

man some of the sensationalism in this thread, great entertainment!

A gram of coke would have help me in the 4th grade, and all other grades as well. And college. And after college.

Well, at least with learning to do drug deals they learn units of measurements (and exact one's too!) such as grams.

lol all science fairs are won by cheaters. One of my biggest problems with them. Its actually more fair now that the internet has evened the odds. But really most of the projects every year are way beyond the kids who "design" them.

I managed to win the science fair in physics with incorrect equations....I guess judges find special relativity light-years better (no pun intended) than everyone else's paper airplanes. And no, my parent's didn't help me...they didn't understand it.

I managed to win the science fair in physics with incorrect equations....I guess judges find special relativity light-years better (no pun intended) than everyone else's paper airplanes. And no, my parent's didn't help me...they didn't understand it.

What I'm curious about is: At what point did you realize they were incorrect?

Really? This was allowed to happen simply because her dad is a cop? That is ridiculous

Or maybe the fact that he's a cop (maybe a narc cop) gave her (or him) the idea. Not much different from a kid making a mini Tesla coil because his or her dad's an electrician. I'm sure some random kid and parents can go into a police station and work an arrangement out with the chief of police to do projects like this. The police would likely approve under strict supervision to further educate children against drug use.

I know. How dare a father want to be directly involved in their child's life. Fucking crazy. Kids should be raised by the government and Facebook. Parents are only there for $$$.

I know. How dare a father want to be directly involved in their child's life. Fucking crazy. Kids should be raised by the government and Facebook. Parents are only there for $$$.

Absolutely. Instead, her father should be using government property and resources to help their kid get a good grade.

I have here 38...I mean 28 grams of cocaine for educational and scientific purposes...

She was probably up all night working on that project.

Haha, good ones. I always tried to get my parents to do my science fair projects for me. I would be all excited at the start and when it got down to the nitty gritty, my ADD took over and I thought about all the other things I could be doing instead of that.

Back